Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think you would like to see

Article about: Carefully denazified DRKB cap: Is it authentic? How much would be worth in that state and without insignia? And at last : Is it worth collecting?

?

Default I think you would like to see

Carefully denazified DRKB cap:
    Is it authentic? How much would be worth in that state and without insignia? And at last : Is it worth collecting?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I think you would like to see
    P
    Many

I don't think that others can answer if it's worth collecting denazified items or without insignia. Some still like it and some don't.

That was a boring answer from me but it is the truth.

?

Well, is just that I found funny how much work has been taken to cut the thread leaving the shape of the swastika in the band...
    I dont know if it is an ultra sophisticated way of selling a fake as if it was an original (Albeit at a lower price) or just an original cap.

A period original cap. Likely the owner had no idea that his attempt to denazifi the cap would leave the outline of the swastika.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeMuch Nazi regalia was denazified, since clothing was scarce until the currency reform in 1948.

The signs of the thing's use after 1945 is as much part of its story as the Sieg Heil follies in, say, the years 1938-1941 or whatever.

As an old, embittered collector, I think the fetish of "stone mint" and un used and new out of the box is puerile in the extreme, and ignores the role of fate and biography

in these things.

For the collector who does not want an amended item, this kind of cap exists in an unused state in the dozens.

The sum of wear and tear has its own poetry, and as one with such wear and tear, I am ever more am prone to respect the process.

Each collector is free to approach this challenge in his or her own way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think you would like to see   I think you would like to see  

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-17-2016 at 03:15 PM.

I think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeI think you would like to seeThe idea that all Nazi regalia has somehow survived in a virginal state from, say, 1937 until the present is naive.

While affiliated with allied forces in the good ole' FRG in the early 1980s, I went to a militaria show at a military base in Aschaffenburg, where I saw many things
    with the swastika carefully removed and placed to one side.

MAP
    ?

As always, our great friend FB has a valid point, which drives my thoughts when I consider an item. That is, the story that is lurking behind the item that is important.

But alas...the truth is that most enthusiasts will want an untouched item, so value and desirability is greatly diminished IMHO.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    As always, our great friend FB has a valid point, which drives my thoughts when I consider an item. That is, the story that is lurking behind the item that is important.

But alas...the truth is that most enthusiasts will want an untouched item, so value and desirability is greatly diminished IMHO.

Michael
    Thanks for the kind words. I find the tendency to discard something with actual historical merit to be very off putting. I am mentally deranged from
    too many years of these posts. Happy hats to all.

i am mentally deranged from a short time of these posts. As FB says 'Happy Hats"
    I guess as a much younger man, I found personal value in anything that was in my eyes, "a piece of history". I collected many items of no monetary value through the years, just stuff that made me smile.
    Getting caught up in this hobby was either a curse, or a blessing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast