Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Infanterie officer visor cap - Peküro for opinions

Article about: Hello everyone! I'm really considering this infantry officers visor. I'm looking for one that has not been repaired or altered, but is a 100% textbook example. Does this look like a good mat

?

If this gentleman has been member and collector for so many years, how did he buy and pay for his collectables overseas then? He should seriously consider opening an PP account, it would make his addiction, i mean his collecting more easier.

Hope it turn out well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie officer visor cap - Peküro for opinions
    P
    Many

?

I would strongly consider just avoiding the hassles attached to this cap's purchase, and wait for another nice example to show up. It shouldn't take long, as this branch is, of course, quite common.
    Just my 2 pfennigs worth.

BobS

An update on this visor. The seller never said they don't have Paypal, which I assumed if they weren't accepting it that they must not have it. But, it turns out they did have Paypal but had misplaced the account info and not logged in for some time and left it out of the payment options on the listing. He tells me he spent some time digging through his records and found his Paypal password and the email address he was using. So, Paypal is now an option. He also sent some new photos of the top and sides, to get a better view of the moth tracking. Looks like it's all on top. There's a hair more tracking than I originally thought I could see, but still none of it appears to have gone through the material.

Nice cap Scott!
    I checked as well, if I were after one of these, I would take a chance on this seller.
    Good Luck!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yeah, I think the seller is fine. He's been slow to respond, but always does with good info and pictures as requested. Hopefully I can wrap things up on this visor soon. Still need his Paypal info.

Believe me, it is a b*tch to find unmothed doeskin visors, and when you do, you can expect to pay double the asking price of this cap.
    Mothing is minor, and the price is fair....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Great to see it working out....a little faith and patience was all it took.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, for some reason the infantry visor has been an illusive piece to find for me. I had some particular requirements in condition, price, and that it had to have metal insignia like this one. I've seen some really nice examples with bullion insignia, but held out for the metal. I'd find some that had the insignia but condition was just a little under my goals. It's odd that metal has been tougher to find considering my beginner understanding is that the bullion insignia was an upgrade. But, of all the pieces I've had my eye out for, these visors have had the most false starts for some reason.

I really appreciate Stonemints council. His post fills in the last blank I had before diving in. In any case, I've now sent a message to the seller that we have a deal. Hopefully I can get payment to him in the morning and get it on its way.

MAP
    ?

One I don't have either. Just an NCO. When I do see them they are pretty beat up. So great job following through on this one!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The visor has arrived already! Took less than a week, from France.

This looks to me to be a very nice visor. The moth tracking we already know about is visible if you know where to look for it, or if the light hits it just right, but I have to say it's a lot harder to spot than I expected. The fieldgray material is a lot thinner than I expected it to be, which I think helps mask the tracking a lot since the little nips have very little depth. So, that was really a nice surprise to find the tracking less visible than I expected.

As to the rest of the visor, I took a number of photos myself (below). Not much more to add than the seller had shown, but I hope you like them all the same! The sweat band is in fact colored a form of the shade of green the visor under side is to answer an earlier question. The visor looks like it's the typical rusty orange color under that green coating, so if it's an upgrade or whatever reason behind that color, it looks like it's just an extra coating of green color applied to an otherwise typical visor piece. I see no issue tags or such under the sweat band, so I assume this is a private purchase?

Thanks everyone who commented and offered advice on this. I think it turned out to be a good pick up.