Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?

Article about: Hi saw this and felt it needed a little TLC. It was forgotten, left in a corner and I wanted to bring it back to life..................just the sort of project I like really. The crown is es

Default Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?

Hi

saw this and felt it needed a little TLC.

It was forgotten, left in a corner and I wanted to bring it back to life..................just the sort of project I like really.

The crown is eskimo wool and the moths have been having a little chomp over the years, I reckon they found it quite tasty in fact !

Also took some pics to show the construction of the cap for posterity.

Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?
    P
    Many

Would have been a great cap before the "dinner bell" rang! Someone must have thought it too far gone and taken the eagle and braid?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ok, here comes the results.......................

I have filled as many of the holes as possible, this material is a lot easier to work with than tricot and doeskin but there was a lot of deep tracking in places as well which give the material the moon like effect in the above pictures....

added some insignia, chin cord, re-shaped and hey presto.........................

Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?Infantry Officers cap....can we fix it ?

Cheers

Tony

Bravo my Friend your a true magician !

So the title was a little ambiguous by asking "Can we fix it? " ......... and as can be seen, the answer is "YES WE CAN!"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Great restoration. The size of the crown piping! I think that has to be the biggest I have seen yet.