Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infantry Schirmutze (Visor Cap)

Article about: What happened with the "guys with the knowledge"?!?! They should be along by now. Can anyone else confirm if its a late (1945) original or a fake??? Regards fpicoli

Default Re: Infantry Schirmutze (Visor Cap)

What happened with the "guys with the knowledge"?!?!
    They should be along by now.
    Can anyone else confirm if its a late (1945) original or a fake???
    Regards

fpicoli

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry Schirmutze (Visor Cap)
    P
    Many

?

A lot of inaccurate opinions.

This is a totaly authentic Schellenberg visor cap. No doubt an example of the pressures of the wartime manufacturing industry where the raw materials were in short supply and the skilled labour even more so.

Late war is a collectors term and often misused. To date this cap as last ditch 45 manufacture would also be wrong IMO. It could be a lot earlier than that. Not matter, it is a genuine cap and conforms to plenty of other Schellenbergs of the period in both material and manufacture.

It is worrying that despite the wealth of information about caps and their history, manufacture etc on this forum in particular and no where else, no one seems to have bothered to read any of it.

?

I would suggest that anyone seriously interested in learning about these things read this thread from start to finish.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...nfabrik-14219/
    It will take many hours of reading but I guarantee that your understanding of the subject will have increased a thousand percent.

?

By the way, Ade!? can we get the mutzenfabrik thread pinned please? It's an important study.

Ben,

I think the trend is to buy then ask if its ok?

I am guilty too but only when it costs peanuts, I think this will cost more and rightly so.

Still as you say the info is here but I guess people trust the judgemnet of others like yourself before they finally commit to buying.

If I were spending what it cost these days I too would seek direction first, its just reassuring regardless how much you read or how many photos you look at as the fakes only get better!

I think it is a tremendous compliment to yourselves at the end of the day even if on occasions it tries your patience.

Keep up the good work!

Jock

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A lot of inaccurate opinions.

This is a totaly authentic Schellenberg visor cap. No doubt an example of the pressures of the wartime manufacturing industry where the raw materials were in short supply and the skilled labour even more so.

Late war is a collectors term and often misused. To date this cap as last ditch 45 manufacture would also be wrong IMO. It could be a lot earlier than that. Not matter, it is a genuine cap and conforms to plenty of other Schellenbergs of the period in both material and manufacture.

It is worrying that despite the wealth of information about caps and their history, manufacture etc on this forum in particular and no where else, no one seems to have bothered to read any of it.
    I agree with Ben--this is a 100% wartime TR Schelly. A really nice piece I would love to have myself.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2