Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian SS cap?

Article about: I have just bought this moth-eaten old cap, but what a treasure it is! It is apparantly Italian, and supposedly for a volunteer SS unit. Would anybody care to discuss this possibility? I GUE

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Italian SS cap?

I have just bought this moth-eaten old cap, but what a treasure it is! It is apparantly Italian, and supposedly for a volunteer SS unit. Would anybody care to discuss this possibility? I GUESS THE FOTOS WERE TOO LARGE. CLICK ON THE "ITALIAN 1 & 2" BELOW TO SEE ADDITIONAL FOTOS OF THE CAP.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian SS cap?  
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Italian SS cap?

I reduced the sizes of the fotos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian SS cap?   Italian SS cap?  

Attached Images Attached Images Italian SS cap? 

1950 Hollywood studio with love

Strange and nice !
    The cap looks italian style. The written inside lead me to suppose it could be a name close to : "...SENZA ALBANO". Maybe it could be completed as "COSENZA ALBANO". This actually could be a surname and name of italian man.
    My one is just an hypotesy.

regards

The cap looks more closer to the official cap of the MILIZIA VOLONTARIA DI SICUREZZA NAZIONALE (the fascist militia). Also the symbol seems to be adapted to the cap.

The 29th SS brigade (italian) had a completely different cap (as you can seen in many pictures).

To me this could be an improvised cap used by some soldier which joined the wehrmacht in the early stage of "armistice" (8th of september 1943). I suppose he received later some official equipment.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Italian SS cap?  Italian SS cap?  Italian SS cap? 

this eagle seems to be a hollywood breast model utilised in 1950 for the movie, the cap is not German...

Hi Bob, the name of this cap is a "Bustina".

I have actualy seen this one before when Greg Koepp owned it.

I would not attribute it to the Italian SS, but to some, at present, unknown pro German faction of the Italian Social Republic.

These Italian made eagles are well known to long standing collectors and while they might not be German made they are 100% original and wartime.

It is not MVSN; their caps were grey/green.

Actually the German DID have a Bustina of their own. Please read about the SA Wehrmanschaft and their version in brown wool

Cheers, Ade.

?

It is quite strange also for being an italian sidecap. The colour and the details...I am not too much into italian stuff, but that brown colour make me think postwar firemen...
    The insignia is bad
    The writing is most likely the factory or the factory place (it could be Piacenza Albano).
    The 2 pictures for italian SS caps are totally fantasy taken from a reenacting website.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    It is quite strange also for being an italian sidecap. The colour and the details...I am not too much into italian stuff, but that brown colour make me think postwar firemen...
    The insignia is bad
    The writing is most likely the factory or the factory place (it could be Piacenza Albano).
    The 2 pictures for italian SS caps are totally fantasy taken from a reenacting website.
    Matt - did you read what Ade said about this hat just before you?

?

Yep Odessa, but being myself italian, I think I had the right to add my 2 euro cents...
    Plus,if it is a german side cap (Bustina is the italian name for side cap), why the italian markings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast