MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Just got screwed again!

Article about: Sorry to hear this. This is not right. Members on WAF should be made aware of this issue to protect them from similar behaviour. Any genuine collector would have no hesitation in paying a 50

?

Default Re: Just got screwed again!

Sorry to hear this.

This is not right.

Members on WAF should be made aware of this issue to protect them from similar behaviour.

Any genuine collector would have no hesitation in paying a 50% deposit for this sort of work.

If they decline tell them where to take their problem.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just got screwed again!
    P
    Many

Ben, you can tell me this in a pm or email, but what are you out?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Shocked and saddened to read this Ben.

Ben, I know you've done some fantastic work for me in the past. I'm so pissed that someone could even think of screwing you over. Trust my friend, as I've said before, works both ways, and when you get dumped on it hurts. Remember that PZ?

It truly is a sad state of affairs but these people are present in any hobby. Flip side of the coin is that there are so many you meet that
    go above and beyond to be friendly, supportive and honest.

These people will not go away. They may change forums and their names but unless you constantly check IP addresses they'll get one more
    freebie.
    I'm new to this hobby and very cautious because I'm a easy target at this time but knowing what I do from my original hobby I ask a lot more.
    I've seen people literally steal millions (no lie) and get away with it. The ball buster is that the one that has gone so far still uses his real name
    and fools are there waiting to be taken. Go figure.
    I'm with the Karma thing ... what goes around, comes around. Toughest guy around needs to know that there is one tougher, and some day they will meet.

And such is life, Rudy

?

Whata scumbag. I just would like to know what his reason/excuse was for NOT wanting to pay for the work done?? From the pictures shown, it was obviously a job well done. I cant believe nobody has started a thread or even written anything on his "profile wall" over at the WAF. Usually people get pretty upset over this kind of thing and it is known on ALL forums. Good to know who the POS's are

?

Ben,

Please do me a favour, write up an invoice for all work done and the value of all parts.
    I will gladly start a thread on the WAF with your invoice at the start to this ....... (gentleman seems to be the wrong word)....

I know what it is like to help people and get shafted by them in return. Quite a common occurrence. I helped out a young collector many years ago, sent him a few spare pieces etc. I finally did a trade with him, a US leather pistol holster for a USMC marked thompson magazine pouch set. The set never arrived despite messages having been sent regarding it. He just never sent the magazine pouch. I finally received a few messages a number of years later apologising for the incident with an offer to return my pistol holster. I never replied and never will as it was too little too late.

Take care

Mark

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I just re- read this thread from the start, god, I'm such a moaning old git!

Sorry everyone, there's no need for this!
    Very sorry, dear Ben. All too typical of the scum in this medium. There are many people on the loony bin and dorkimer forum that are quite wretched. We admire and respect you and wish you all the best in such a moment of understandable rage. The other site often becomes the locale for libel, slander, petty larcenies and crimes of a higher magnitude. Adrian S and I have corresponded about it a lot. Once more, a bitter and unnecessary lesson in what Bob C reminds us as to collector behavior, especially nowadays. The general lack of gratitude for effort invested, be it in your remarkable handicrafts or knowledge is pretty awful. You have no need to reproach yourself. Butch Good Gooch is a silly name any way, and surely not the person's real name, either. This fun house hall of mirrors is for the birds, really. I rather preferred the old way, with the hock shops, stamp dealers, gun shows, and the circle of collectors you could take the measure of in a conventional way. This 21st century tricksterism is Scheisse. On said site I was tricked by a "scull" expert, actually. Personage ripped original insignia from authentic caps, and sold fake SS armbands, and would only return money under threat of direct action.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-19-2011 at 04:59 AM.

It pains me to read this thread. I think we have all been burned in this hobby. I wish we were all fine upstanding citizens but alas.

Jeff

?

The irony of it all. Take a look at this post on WAF (#131).
    BURNED Poll ! - Page 9 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Mark
    Last edited by Mark G; 02-19-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast