Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just my caps on my dresser

Article about: Hi guys, My caps finally arrived and I now have three schirmmuetze- all three of them being Heer EM/NCO infantry types. I now have a decent selection of cloth headgear going! The left one is

Default Just my caps on my dresser

Hi guys,

My caps finally arrived and I now have three schirmmuetze- all three of them being Heer EM/NCO infantry types. I now have a decent selection of cloth headgear going! The left one is one of my favorites, which is a 1940 Carl Halfar with a political eagle. The middle schirmmuetze was my first, a private purchase cap that once served as a moth buffet. The one on the right is just a typical contract cap with an early three-pronged eagle.

The M38 muetze on the left is my incredibly lucky auction find- a Heer general's cap. The right one is just a typical overseas cap for enlisted Luftwaffe personnel.

I really want a Heer einheitsfeldmuetze. I want to trade one of my three visor caps for one. Which one do you guys think I should give up? I am quite fond of the Carl Halfar and I don't know if I could ever get rid of my first cap, so I'm thinking the one on the right would be a good candidate...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just my caps on my dresser  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just my caps on my dresser
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just my caps on my dresser

Good candidate for letting go, but I really think you should find the correct
    eagle for the 'Halfar' cap on the left, and sell the badge to me !

This visor would be my choice if I had to choose the one I liked best
    - but with a different bird on it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice Caps Mate. I love the heer generals cap.

Cheers, Patrick

Good looking display and a shame when you have to move something on to get something else, but I think we have all had to do that, I know I have.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Great display man! I think you have the right idea about selling the one on the right too. Do you have an Einheitsmütze in mind already?

A great start, visors are addictive!

?

Nice hats. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks guys!

Quote by Eddie View Post
    Great display man! I think you have the right idea about selling the one on the right too. Do you have an Einheitsmütze in mind already?
    No, not yet, but I am keeping an eye out. I want one that matches the wear of the HBT tunic I just got. Do you suppose a straight trade for an einheitsfeldmuetze would be fair?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Thanks guys!

No, not yet, but I am keeping an eye out. I want one that matches the wear of the HBT tunic I just got. Do you suppose a straight trade for an einheitsfeldmuetze would be fair?
    Hi Mo, if you could find someone to trade your cap straight up for an M43 Einheitsmütze you should do it IMO. However, I tend to see M43's for for around $8-900 and NCO Schirms like yours go for $5-600. That's just what I've seen though, I could be wrong.

That would be my thinking too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast