Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

Article about: My recent pickup. It arrives in the mail today when I get home from work so looking fwd to having it in hand.... Officers Kavallerie visor with a zinc "Braunschweig" skull. Nice &q

what ever its a great cap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Thanks Harry.

Found out a bit more how this was originally aquired. A house cleaner in Barvaria found this as well as the to be auctioned photo album when he was cleaning out a house (obviously). The seller purchased the visor and someone either bought the album or the house cleaner still has it. Eitherway it's for sale...so if anyone here buys the photo album from Hermanns Historica, would love if they scanned a picture or two for me

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 07-13-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by wizardman View Post
    There seems to be a rather unclad Lady in the photos
    Cavalry officers have great appeal to the opposite sex.

- - ------- - -

It has long been thus.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Cavalry officers have great appeal to the opposite sex.

- - ------- - -

It has long been thus.
    I'll wear it tonight and see if it has the desired result.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

The visor or the expected results???? (I unfortunately know the expected results....)

That is one hell of a visor cap. You must feel proud to own such a historical piece of history. Well done.
    Regards Steve.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Steven Macquillin View Post
    That is one hell of a visor cap. You must feel proud to own such a historical piece of history. Well done.
    Regards Steve.
    Yes, Yes and Thanks!

But now I have to make room for it. The box was delivered today I am told so will open it as soon as I get home and the wife is not looking

MAP
    ?

Just opened the box. I must say, it is even better in hand. The quality of this visor is fantastic. Every detail is a cut above every other visor I have. Gives me great appreciation for craftsmen that made this. Truly a lost art.

This visor has some serious heft to it. Easily outweighs the other visors I have. And the doe skin fabric is just fantastic. Just some slight loss of nap at the peak. The "stains" in the picture are almost impossible to see as well.

Needless to say...despite blowing a major hole in my already fully depleted budget...I'm doing my Happy Dance right now.

MAP
    ?

And last....a picture of the young Hans and potentially the older Hans (although he is wearing a German Cross and there was another KC Hans Fiedler so am not 100% sure the older Gent is the same man)

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast