Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

Article about: My recent pickup. It arrives in the mail today when I get home from work so looking fwd to having it in hand.... Officers Kavallerie visor with a zinc "Braunschweig" skull. Nice &q

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    And last....a picture of the young Hans and potentially the older Hans (although he is wearing a German Cross and there was another KC Hans Fiedler so am not 100% sure the older Gent is the same man)

Attachment 844879Attachment 844880
    This is the same man. Especial look at the kind eyes, and the shape of the ears.

That visor is a jewel. Dont ruin any feeling by including the words "investment" or "Money" in it.

You are lucky, you are looking after a named visor, 99% of all these historical pieces we are collecting, are just unknown ghosts just floating around from collector to collector- faceless- nameless- timeless.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Yes is the same man. The chin also is the same.

And agree I am very lucky to have the opportunity to own this. It will be well cared for
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Stunning cap, and I don't even collect Heer! I agree with other posters that to have history with an item is just priceless.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! and for the link. Klaus noted that there was a photo album up for sale but couldn't find it.

LoL...I was in the "woods" with little reception and my data signal kept dropping. Plus I was working on it from a cell phone. So by accident I put a larger bid in than I wanted - those "touch" buttons are small... (kind of like yawning at an auction and winning something), at least in this case it was something I wanted but I did overpay IMHO.

Michael
    I over-paid as well. I figure a Krim like mine is about $150-$175-plus the proven connection to a DKiG recipient with a great combat record, could easily make it $350++ I paid a tad more than that i'm afraid. However, some cost was evaded by a trade item I no longer wanted nor needed-so-I still got it in the $300 range anyway-if you don't include the shipping and insurance I paid? which was about $18 more.

MAP
    ?

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    I over-paid as well. I figure a Krim like mine is about $150-$175-plus the proven connection to a DKiG recipient with a great combat record, could easily make it $350++ I paid a tad more than that i'm afraid. However, some cost was evaded by a trade item I no longer wanted nor needed-so-I still got it in the $300 range anyway-if you don't include the shipping and insurance I paid? which was about $18 more.
    Actually, I really thought I overpaid at the time. It was the most I spent on a visor, but looking back now and seeing current prices, while not a small $ amount, it was a bargain. Especially considering the condition and KC connection.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I said it 3 years ago, I'll say it again--terrific score!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I said it 3 years ago, I'll say it again--terrific score!
    Thanks. Still love this one too! And can't believe it's been 3 years!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Actually, I really thought I overpaid at the time. It was the most I spent on a visor, but looking back now and seeing current prices, while not a small $ amount, it was a bargain. Especially considering the condition and KC connection.
    There is almost nothing more sayisfying, than having DIRECT history in your hands.

?

I didn't think this visor could get any better after seeing the photos. but after reading this thread and seeing it was a KC winners visor.

Truly amazing

MAP
    ?

Quote by Alex5k View Post
    I didn't think this visor could get any better after seeing the photos. but after reading this thread and seeing it was a KC winners visor.

Truly amazing
    Thanks Alex. Sometimes I get lucky! Doesn't happen often! Glad you enjoyed it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4