Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap

Article about: Hello gentlemen, you are witnessing one of the most important Kriegsmarine posts to be on WarRelics. Here I have a excellent WW2 Kriegsmarine Admirals visor cap that I bough for a barging no

Default Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap

Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap
    Hello gentlemen, you are witnessing one of the most important Kriegsmarine posts to be on WarRelics. Here I have a excellent WW2 Kriegsmarine Admirals visor cap that I bough for a bargain not long ago. My unofficial statement on it is: The visor is very complicated indeed. But before we dive into this I would like to state that any comments saying this is 100% Fake will be ignored. Everything is original on the cap. This cap came from the supreme collection of a well known collector. The cap has many scenarios it could have gone through. Lets start out with the most obvious situation. The original owner of the cap had served in the imperial German navy (Hence the visor being in a imperial form). He then proceeded to carry out his naval career in the Reichsmarine (Hence the Reichsmaine styled wreath). And finally ending his career in the Kriegsmarine as a admiral. This pathway would seem the most logical but may not be the case. See,as shown in the pictures the cap liner is stamped Aug. Geiger Kiel. Deeper research reveals the company not only was in business during Pre-WW2/ During war time, but also Pre-WW1/ War time. They are most known for their Tellermutze's. So this brings up the question of if the liner is a replacement by the company? Is the cap a privet purchase from the company? Is this just a standard Reichsmarine cap? Or, is this truly a WW1 Aug. Geiger produced cap ? I would agree with that its a repair made by the company including the liner, a new chinstrap, and also the addition of gold oak leaves and the national eagle. But even that scenario has possible flaws. In the cap I can see a clear statement. Just like many high ranking men in the Third Reich. They wanted to give a background of their career. EVEN HITLER. What I see represented is; Service in the First World War, service in the Reichsmarine, and service in the Kriegsmarine. If you are still here i'm pleased you took time out of your day to read this. I'd really like to hear any information or opinions any of you have to provide. I ask you nicely to keep this thread positive. Best regards
    Last edited by KMcollector; 02-04-2020 at 11:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Admirals Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Do you have any providence to it? Such as who the admiral was or how the previous owner came to acquire it?

I not sure who the admiral was but I am still researching to try and find out. The guy I bought this from is my second dealer and he had bought a huge collection of Uniforms, medals, propaganda books, ect... The man that originally had the collection was well known and extremely accomplished. No specifics though.