Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!

Article about: Hello, Hi again guys.Sorry to be a pest but i have been offered these 2 Caps and would like sombody top check them for me as the price is good. I have no other information othew than they ar

Default Re: Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!

the eagle is ok, hand-embroided eagles can differ in many variations.Imperfections are of course very probably since they're hand-maded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!   Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!
    P
    Many

?

My possible concern not really with eagle; would like to see close-ups of visor trim and edge stitching on blue cap, op cit. - Tom, if you will.

Hi Frog,
    Yeah the price was $1,400.I can't provide any further close up photos of the cap as he has not provided anymore as yet. I was convinced about the insignia to date but now i am not so sure when you mention it

Tom

I thank Ade and carlsson for their own Eagles too

I am no expert when ity comes to Insignia as i am manily an equipment collector.Just branching out as i get older now i think

Tom

?

Tom -

I was just a little concerned about the depth of the leather reinforcing strip on the brim of the blue visor.

Typically, in my limited experience, this feature on officer visors has a single stitching line, fairly narrow:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!  

?

Whereas NCO visors typically have a double-stitched, wider reinforcing trim; East Geerman caps tend to have a wider trim as well.

It probably amounts to nothing. I am somewhat skeptical of the chinstrap, though; looks very fresh. Would like to see this in hand before purchase.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!  

Hello frog,
    Nice work on the visors I am not able to look at the cap before i buy as it's over in Germany and i am here in oz.Better luck next time

Thanks mate!
    Tom

Default More pics of Kriegsmarine cap:)

Hi guys,
    I have been sent more pic's.This time inside shots of the liner band underneath.Hope all this helps with ID now and gets us a little further towards the truth

I might ask for some visor shots too

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!   Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!  

Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!   Kriegsmarine caps. Need help!  

Default Re: More pics of Kriegsmarine cap:)

By the way that was the blue top cap shown,
    I have a couple more shots but that's about it for now

Tom

?

Tom -

I think close-ups of the visor trim would be helpful indeed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast