Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat

Article about: Last -

kmoptic
    ?

Default Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat

Does this hat look OK? I hate to say it but I purchased this hat without doing much due dilligence. I listed some photos of this hat earlier and was asked for more photos. Also, I would also like any thoughts on the approximate value of the hat. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. KInd Regards Frank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat   Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat  

Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat   Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat  

Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat

I stand by my opinion that this is a good, original cap (with a fake eagle). I don't think any of your concerns about the material (as stated in your PM) are anything to worry about. Everything looks good and I see no red flags. Admittedly I am far from an expert. If I were you I would raise the questions you asked me via PM to the whole forum so perhaps someone with more knowledge than myself can answer them. Kriegsmarine caps are certainly the most elusive of the military service branches' caps and I have had little experience examining even reference images from fellow members.

kmoptic
    ?

Thanks Tony The issue I raised with this cap had to do with the material used for the sweat band. This may or may not be an issue. The material used on the visor is made of what I think is called vulkanfiber. Whent I looked for the material used beneath the velvet of the sweatband that material looked to be celluloid, very similar to a black plastic. Is that OK? Or should the sweat band be vulkanfiber also? Thanks for sharing any views you may have. Kind Regards Frank

With the pics shown I dont see a problem with it either.

Joe

Not for me...

?

KM caps vary widely in linings and bands. I think this one is OK. A few comparative photos of another:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat  

?

Further:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Junior Grade Officer Hat  

?

Another:

?

And:

?

Sorry about that -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast