Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum (not really a forum kind of guy - but that might be changing). I saw an old thread on one of these Czech contracted Kubankas and I was shocked to see something tha

?

Thumbs up Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG

Hi, I am new to this forum (not really a forum kind of guy - but that might be changing). I saw an old thread on one of these Czech contracted Kubankas and I was shocked to see something that I have had put away since I sold my collection in the mid 1970s. The insignia had been stripped when I bought this but the holes are all there. I could never get any confirmation on this hat back then and I just knew it was the real deal and very rare. I couldn't get anyone else to "see" what it was, so I kept it all of these years. Times have sure changed since I have been out collecting (all of the thousand fakes and reenactment stuff didn't exist back then with the exception of daggers of course) and I am happy to see this hat is now considered "real". I have added some pics of mine with Yellow (faded) top. I always assumed it was 2nd Siberian Cossack Regiment (formed 1943). I would love to hear from anyone else and see some more of these in other colors (regiments). So far all of the ones I can find referenced are red topped.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG   Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG  

Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG   Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG  

Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG   Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. Not something that I am familiar with but sure someone will be along to provide you with some comments or feedback.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow...
    There i see a photo of a ushanka i have been looking for, for a very long time.
    I have the Don ushanka- but sadly dont have an Siberian example in my collection.

I include a couple of pics for you Sir, so you can compare your ushanka with my example.

Please concider to send me an PM if you ever want to sell your example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG   Kubanka from 2nd Sberian Cossack Reginment -Kolwitz, PRAG  

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Wow...
    There i see a photo of a ushanka i have been looking for, for a very long time.
    I have the Don ushanka- but sadly dont have an Siberian example in my collection.

I include a couple of pics for you Sir, so you can compare your ushanka with my example.

Please concider to send me an PM if you ever want to sell your example.
    Hi, Thanks for the pics. This is the one that I saw on the older thread and I have seen a few other pics of other examples with the red top, as well. Also found someone talking about a Blue top Kolwitz example on another forum. I guess calling it a Ushanka is technically correct as it has the ear flaps. I always called it a Kubanka but it’s really sort of a cross between the two. It has a Kubanka top but the Ushanka sides. Anyway, glad to see there are some folks out there who appreciate these things.