Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat

Article about: Hello to all ! since i had a bit of time i made a bit of bricolage. Some time ago i took this visor hat that was without insignia, since the drkb was not my cup of tea at all i took some inf

Default Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat

Hello to all !

since i had a bit of time i made a bit of bricolage.

Some time ago i took this visor hat that was without insignia, since the drkb was not my cup of tea at all i took some info around and i think (and hope) that i took the right insignia to complete it.

The hat already had 2 vertical holes on the top and 2 horizontal holes in the middle (those are quiet visible in the photos)

I placed a kokarde on the top and a 1st pattern insignia in the middle.

I don't know if i studied well but i think i can summarize as follows about the periods of such insignia:

- a first period pre-33 (kokarde + insigna like this one)

- a second from 1935 (cockered + the usual insigna with the kyff tower and swastika in the oval discontinued till '45)

- a third from 1938 (eagle on the top, head to the left, WH type of insignia in the middle)

according to the label inside the hat (DRKB) this type should be pre-38.

I think there also messy set up hats around, since it was not a political organization i believe that there were not very fixed rules but i can be wrong.

I've seen hats that i believe are earlier than this, with a different stripe in the middle, bigger logo and swastika so i have the doubt that actually there was also a first model hat and that this can be a second type. Maybe it was more correct to place in the middle the second type insignia but i like early stuff so i took a bit of license doing it :-)

Looking forward for your precious reviews !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat   Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat  

Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat   Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat  

Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat   Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kyffhäuser (drkb) visor hat
    P
    Many

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...ght=kyffhauser

Hi, Nice job putting the cap back to the pre 1935 version with the insignia in the correct position. Although the regulations of the organisation laid down what insignia should be worn and where, there are loads of original pictures showing the vets did what they liked at times !

Above link shows some of the many examples in collections.

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...ght=kyffhauser

Hi, Nice job putting the cap back to the pre 1935 version with the insignia in the correct position. Although the regulations of the organisation laid down what insignia should be worn and where, there are loads of original pictures showing the vets did what they liked at times !

Above link shows some of the many examples in collections.

cheers

Tony

Thank you for the reply Tony, indeed, i've seen some photos with really "exotic" Kyff hats, also i've seen some late pole tops with almost all the insigna on them, a practice some how easily understandable for such organization.

unfortunately i can't see the link, probably i'll have to update my account..

however, thanks again for your comment, i appreciated :-)

?

Nice job friend.

Hi Spandau.
    please add the link again because it is really lost.

Thanks.
    Peter