Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The last Tiger in collection

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Thank you, Franz. Best of luck in your collecting. The Holters cap is worn, but surely not worn out..... Ok Friedrich but in any case an superb Schirmmütze and an rare

Default Re: The last Tiger in collection

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you, Franz. Best of luck in your collecting. The Holters cap is worn, but surely not worn out.....
    Ok Friedrich
    but in any case an superb Schirmmütze and an rare maker Holters… it’s not like mine simple Clemens Wagner …
    Franz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The last Tiger in collection
    P
    Many

The last Tiger in collectionThe last Tiger in collectionThe last Tiger in collectionThe last Tiger in collectionThank you. Holters is pretty rare, but I am fond of C. Wagner caps.

Friedrich ....
    this is high level collection …. only for your information this is mine last arrival .. it's an officer Alter Art of cavalry EREL ... I’d love your opinion…
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...y-erel-256477/
    Franz

Beautiful cap.

Just a quick question as I know little about construction, but is it common to have non centered stitch seams?
    Only asking if it's something to look out for when purchasing such an item.

The last Tiger in collection
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

For my opinion ... absolutely not, often you see this characteristic even on other hats ... I think depends on how worn or preserved or other factors ... it’s other things much more important to look at
    Franz

Quote by dcmfb010 View Post
    Friedrich ....
    this is high level collection …. only for your information this is mine last arrival .. it's an officer Alter Art of cavalry EREL ... I’d love your opinion…
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...y-erel-256477/
    Franz
    A perfect cap. Bravo,

The Muetzensteg could have shifted over time so the thing is crooked, or the cap is misshapen. These things are complicated in their structure and get battered over the years.
    Also, these things are made by humans, and often have small flaws. The collector should learn to deal with such realities. The cap is fine.

With this visor, i have two panzer different example of production times, an initial as this Clemens Wagner end one late war like this ErEl https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...766/...through which you can appreciate constructive differences and materials between the two periods.
    Franz

Quote by dcmfb010 View Post
    With this visor, i have two panzer different example of production times, an initial as this Clemens Wagner end one late war like this ErEl https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...766/...through which you can appreciate constructive differences and materials between the two periods.
    Franz
    Very good concept, indeed. One should note, however, that from 1918 until 1933, uniform making went into the doldrums in Germany, and underwent a boom with the Machtuebernahme. This event found too few trained artisans and workers to make uniforms and caps, and the gap was filled by intensive training measures, supported by party and state. Hence, one often finds objects of whatever time period with some flaws, although these are more frequent with mobilization and the ebbing fortunes in total war. The last Tiger in collectionThe last Tiger in collection

Hi friendsome
    More comment on a hat like this?
    It seems to me that it's not every day you see a panzer schirmmutze CW in these conditions.
    YES, you see worse but also of much better than this ... but in any case all worthy of being appreciated.
    If anyone has anything to add is welcome
    Franz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2