Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Let's see your Heer M43's

Article about: by Canuck63 Family Grouping #1!One day I'll post each and every M43 in detail! Czeerz Manny Ah Ha Now we know where all the mdl 43's went. We need a drooling smilie. Great collection sir. St

Default Re: Let's see your Heer M43's

Hi Paul, as I mentioned before, these caps are not common. Most got worn to destruction as first as POW uniform and later civillian work wear, and in both cases the insignia would have been stripped off.

For decades now, people have been adding more "desirable" insignia to these caps.

Untouched caps are hard to find.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's see your Heer M43's
    P
    Many

?

The Heer enlisted M43 is about the hardest one to find in all original condition. They rarely come up for sale because if one is available it goes to another collector friend before even hitting the market. When available, a good original condition Heer M43 is in over a thousand dollars already at this point. They are also a veritable minefield of fakes and it is easy to get stung.

Any ideas on the buttons question please chaps?

Hi Jay, it depends on the cap and branch of service. But the vast majority of issue Heer and Luftwaffe caps had conventional pebbled buttons.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks alot Ade.
    Jay.

Quote by ErichK View Post
    The Heer enlisted M43 is about the hardest one to find in all original condition. They rarely come up for sale because if one is available it goes to another collector friend before even hitting the market. When available, a good original condition Heer M43 is in over a thousand dollars already at this point. They are also a veritable minefield of fakes and it is easy to get stung.
    Ade and Erich, great summery why these are uncommon. I didn't realize why until I just read your posts. I was very fortunate to get mine, I wasn't looking for it, just came my way, so to speak.

Quote by jagdhorn View Post
    I am interested in finnish military gear, and just wondering what makes Ben's M-43 cap a possible Finnish cap? (not saying it isn't, just trying to learn!)
    Also, I too am interested in what caps use what buttons, or if they were simply sewed on by different makers, or just randomly!
    I am sorry that I don't post, but while I have studied for years, I am not a super collector. But I love learning, and seeing the photos of stuff is great. I just hate to be the 99th person to say "great XXX!"
    thanks for your help
    Jagdhorn
    Hi,
    I said that it probably belonged to a Finnish soldier because Minna is the Finnish short for Wilhelmina...but it could be Danish and German too...we'll never know for sure!
    I opted for Finnish because Minna is much more common in Finland than in Grmany or Denmark,AFAIK of course!
    By the way why don't you post?It would be great to see pictures of your items as well...they're all great as long as they're original!
    Cheerrs
    Manny

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson;250190]Hi Paul, as I mentioned before, these caps are not common. Most got worn to destruction as first as POW uniform and later civillian work wear, and in both cases the insignia would have been stripped off.

For decades now, people have been adding more "desirable" insignia to these caps.

Untouched caps are hard to find.

Cheers, Ade.[/QUOTE

Definitely!Since they were worn to destruction and insigna was stripped off a genuine untouched and worn M43 is very desireable.
    One of these days I'm gonna post a field made Bergmutze that started its life as a schiffchen and a reversible anorak
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Here is my other Heer enlisted M43.Let's see your Heer M43'sLet's see your Heer M43'sLet's see your Heer M43'sLet's see your Heer M43'sLet's see your Heer M43's

?

I'm not certain if my pics will show,..it has been a while since I have done pics,...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your Heer M43's   Let's see your Heer M43's  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast