Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Let's see your Heer M43's

Article about: by Canuck63 Family Grouping #1!One day I'll post each and every M43 in detail! Czeerz Manny Ah Ha Now we know where all the mdl 43's went. We need a drooling smilie. Great collection sir. St

?

Default Re: Let's see your Heer M43's

a second try, maybe I will get lucky again,...panzer Heer,....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your Heer M43's  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's see your Heer M43's
    P
    Many

?

this is going better than I hoped,...whoops, now, I just realized, it was only Heer caps,...it went so easy, I just got carried away,...sorry all,...
    Attached Images Attached Images Let's see your Heer M43's 
    Last edited by jws54; 03-10-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: asked for Heer only, I posted luft,...

Quote by jws54 View Post
    this is going better than I hoped,...whoops, now, I just realized, it was only Heer caps,...it went so easy, I just got carried away,...sorry all,...
    WH....LW....KM...anything M43, dude !!!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Manny

Hi chaps, here's my Heer M43.
    Let's see your Heer M43's Front
    Let's see your Heer M43's Side
    Let's see your Heer M43's Inside, only a small ring of sweat staining on the lining. Cheers Jay

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Hi chaps, here's my Heer M43.
    Let's see your Heer M43's Front
    Let's see your Heer M43's Side
    Let's see your Heer M43's Inside, only a small ring of sweat staining on the lining. Cheers Jay
    Sent you a PM Jay!

Cheers Manny,
    additional photo's.
    Let's see your Heer M43's buttonholes
    Let's see your Heer M43's rear of buttons
    Last edited by LondonJay; 03-17-2011 at 02:29 PM.

It's not as 'fluffy' as the previous pic makes out as you can see on the bottom pic, it looked like that because the sun was on it!!! Think I've worked out what the re-inforcing strip is? (with some help)
    Let's see your Heer M43's reinforcing strip?
    Let's see your Heer M43's close up of the strip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your Heer M43's  
    Last edited by LondonJay; 03-18-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: found the reinforcing strip thanks to Manny!!!

I like your cap Jay....cannot understand for the life of me why hasn't anybody posted since last week !I think that the name tag is carried over from an item previously owned by Herr Neuhaus or a left over of the tags he had made;these tabs were stamped by the dozens as they do with calling cards and were made of fabric and paper,depending whether they had to be sewn (inside caps,trousers,tunics aso) or glued (inside helmets,gas mask canisters,ammo pouches etc).The Kunstharz (plastic) buttons with four sewing holes,albeit not common are ok,in fact by an order issued in 1938(!!!!) horn buttons were to be replaced by these buttons...since the cap is an M43 one can safely assume that the manufacturer made bergmutzen and that he has used plastic buttons ever since foir mountain caps,M42s and m43s,or that they simply had to make do with what was available.The same order was was issued just about at the same time by the Luftwaffe for the Bergmutze.As a side note if you've got the right "VLs" or you know where to find them you can tell with a reasonable degree of certainty whether an item used by the Luftwaffe AND the Heer is Luftwaffe or WH issue just by looking at the type of buttons (if they're original to it,of course!) and checking it against the date of manufacture!
    Back to your cap....I like it and the reinforcing strip made of tight woven cheesecloth looks ok.A close up of the trap would have been welcome as well!
    Please take into consideration (and this is not the case here AFAIC) that many top-end fakes are made to 100% deceive and reinforcing strips,right sewing,inner details like impregnated cardboard or cheesecloth sweatbands amongst the others,are at the order of the day!I can't tell by the pictures but are the edges of buttonholes sewn AROUND a loop of thread that acts as a reenforcement for the buttonhole?That's another important detail rarely seen on fakes because it requires the use of old machinery!
    Cheers
    Manny
    Last edited by Canuck63; 03-18-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...history-20328/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...ch-them-27009/

take a look at the seventh picture from top in the first post of both threads to see what I mean when I talk about the loop of thread (pardon the horrible pun!) around which the edges of the buttonholes are sewn.

Hi Manny, thanks for your most informative reply and here are two more photos
    Let's see your Heer M43's the loop of thread is present Manny, on the top hole at the middle bottom of it the looped thread is actually poking out a little.
    Let's see your Heer M43's trap close up
    Cheers, Jay

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast