Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Little and Large

Article about: Picked up this interesting Artillery peak cap for someone with a peanut size head , Thinking maybe a display piece ?I have shown the Luftwaffe cap to show the size

What a great item!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Little and Large
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

This is what made me think monkey....(originally posted by Stonemint). You can see how small the side cap is. Much smaller than a childs sized cap. That said, awful good quality piece just for a monkey.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...r-pics-515243/

Little and Large
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

In my opinion, this cap is an examination piece to attain "Meister" status as a cap maker. These miniature hats were much more common in the Imperial era. The idea was, if you could make a perfect cap in a fraction of the normal size, then you possessed the necessary skills to expertly make the actual product. This cap would have had to have been made in under a certain time, and would then have been examined by a "Meisterhutmacher" and judged accordingly...

MAP
    ?

Quote by Arran View Post
    In my opinion, this cap is an examination piece to attain "Meister" status as a cap maker. These miniature hats were much more common in the Imperial era. The idea was, if you could make a perfect cap in a fraction of the normal size, then you possessed the necessary skills to expertly make the actual product. This cap would have had to have been made in under a certain time, and would then have been examined by a "Meisterhutmacher" and judged accordingly...
    Very interesting. Thanks! I wondered about the quality. Even looking at children's helmets from the era, the quality is obviously not the same as a true helmet. But this item is made exactly like the issued visors.

That said, why is the string attached? Possible it was originally an examination piece but then repurposed (Kid/pet)?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

These things - for whatever reason - are still produced, see here (hopefully the link will work for some time):
    POLIZEIM
    and here (from Kempf's homepage): Kempf Vorschlag 2

?

Very interesting to see that similar caps are still made today! While cool, I think they are novelty items rather than exam pieces. I believe the loops were added to the thread-starter later, as suggested...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2