Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luft Officers Visor - EREL Kleiderkasse

Article about: Up now is a very salty late war (?) Luftwaffe Officers Visor Schirmmutze. Size is 56. Posted grainy dealer prints a few weeks ago and our esteamed Mr. Mint correctly identified it as an EREL

MAP
    ?

Default Luft Officers Visor - EREL Kleiderkasse

Up now is a very salty late war (?) Luftwaffe Officers Visor Schirmmutze. Size is 56.

Posted grainy dealer prints a few weeks ago and our esteamed Mr. Mint correctly identified it as an EREL

So I've gotten it in hand. It is indeed an EREL (Robert Lubstein) Sonderklasse purchased thru the Kleiderkasse. While salty I purchased it because of the beautiful shape (my pics do not do justice). The inner spring has been removed and it has that front line/ combat look.

Exterior condition is fairly decent with one small tear above the eagle next to the piping.

The visor is in decent shape but is of a type I have not seen in person before. It is what I think is the very thin vuclan fiber type with no edge wrapping. The bullion cords are a bit stretched as well but clean.

The insignia is all bullion. Fabric is a very rough tricot.

The interior however shows very heavy use. The sweatband is almost destroyed and is partially detached and falling appart. But I can make out enough to confirm it is indeed an EREL Sonderklasse Extra. While the pictures can not fully show it has the "EREL Patent Stirnschutz embossing on the sweatband (see page 263 of Wilkins book). The rhomboid shaped celluloid sweat shield is almost complete faded but I can see enough that it is a Luftwaffe Keiderkass purchase, an Extra/Sonderclass quality and made at its Putkamerstrasse address (see page 260 of Wilkins book).

Hope you all enjoy. I know I had fun researching it! That made it worth the condition it is in.

Given the condition of the sweatband, I was thinking of just stuffing this with paper to display. Did not want to use my typical method of cutting out foam . Any ideas?

Regards,

Michael

Luft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL KleiderkasseLuft Officers Visor - EREL Kleiderkasse
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Officers Visor - EREL Kleiderkasse
    P
    Many

considering pilots had these in their cockpits with them, its in good cond.

MAP
    ?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    considering pilots had these in their cockpits with them, its in good cond.
    Agree Harry. I can just picture it!

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good looking cap.