Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty

Article about: The first Luftwaffe cap pic is a salty cap i've had for several years. The cap was allegedly sitting in a shop window in the UK for years and is badly faded.The eagle is poorly stitched on a

?

Default Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty

The first Luftwaffe cap pic is a salty cap i've had for several years. The cap was allegedly sitting in a shop window in the UK for years and is badly faded.The eagle is poorly stitched on and may have been added on afterwards. But the eagle has been on long enough for the fading to occur since you can see the dark blue under it in the same shape of the eagle. The rondel seems very thick and raised compared to others I've seen. Inside stamped 1939 , I can't make out most of it except for ??????OPFEIL Hamburg . Any opinions or thought are appreciated.
    Thanks, Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty   Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty  

Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty   Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty

I'm skeptical because of the condition of this one. I can't make out the writing other than 55 and 1940.
    Thanks, Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty   Luftwaffe Caps 1 Salty & 1 Minty  

Hi Al, I have the great pleasure in telling you both of these caps are good genuine items!

The think embroidered cockade is conventional.

The maker for the first one is "Willy Sprengpfeil" .

Cheers, Ade.

?

You have a very nice Luftwaffe caps!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

perfect !

?

Hello Gents, thanks for the information and comments. The caps have earned a prominent place in my collection. hopefully more will join the ranks.

I added pictures of this Heer cap that has been bugging me for years. It allegedly came from Manion's auction house. When I got it in the mail, it didn't feel right or look like a regualtion cap. I convinced myself that it was private purchase cap made of a moleskin ? The eagle patch looks authentic to me but the cap feels like it might be made of a synthetic material. The liner has no markings and looks synthetic also. Any opinions on whether any component of this cap is authetic ? If not it will be posted in the fakes thread so others can learn from my mistake ! Thanks, Al.

Hi Al, the eagle is authenic, but I feel that is all.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Ade, I had no expectations other than that. This was my first purchase online many years ago and I felt it wasn't right when I got it. Now I know for sure. Thanks, Al.

?

Again Ade is spot on. The welts along the top of the cap are way to big. I give my mistakes to my grandson to play army with. As kids will do they do not last long but at least they have been of some use.