Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap

Article about: In my attempt to grow the headwear corner of my collection, I couldn't pass a great deal on this visor cap.

Thanks fellas! Picked it up for $350 at a local show. I'm still perplexed by the abundance of small sized TR headwear out there. I mean this one practically fits my 7 year old son!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Congrats to your son! 56 cm was an average size in Germany of the forties (Hempe in his book takes this size as an example for cap making), meanwhile cap sizes (and sizes for ohter garments as well) have increased. 55 just was a bit smaller than the norm. Today I'd say 58 is the norm.

MAP
    ?

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Thanks fellas! Picked it up for $350 at a local show. I'm still perplexed by the abundance of small sized TR headwear out there. I mean this one practically fits my 7 year old son!
    Fantastic price. Great score. If you think these are small check out the Japanese uniforms and caps. Have a picture of my som at 8 or 9 years old wearing an officers tunic. Except for the sleeve length it fit him quite well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Congrats to your son! 56 cm was an average size in Germany of the forties (Hempe in his book takes this size as an example for cap making), meanwhile cap sizes (and sizes for ohter garments as well) have increased. 55 just was a bit smaller than the norm. Today I'd say 58 is the norm.
    That's right, what Erwesa says and look what MAP says in the earlier post. This also goes for the Germans. When I collected TR-uniforms all uniforms (military and political) did fit me and I was just a small guy in those days. Only one jacket was larger. My army parade uniform did fit onto a boys mannequin. I always was surprised about that as we have a saying overhere about the Germans!

You think these guys were small? You should check out ancient Roman artifacts. A finger ring for the average Roman wouldn't fit over my little finger, and I don't have huge hands...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I remembered I had some photos with TR headgear, worn by my
    oldest daughter in summer 1972 when she was just 2 1/2 years old.
    The headgear is of course too big for her, but gives an idea!

Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap

Looking in the old photographs I also found the army officer's
    uniform, fitting a boy. Just the sleeves are somewhat too long!
    The photo is from February 1976.
    And me in May 1974 with my officer's Luftwaffe summer-uniform.
    I was about 1.66 mtr and my weight then was about 60-62 kilo.
    My glasses and hair-length tell you the photo is not from the TR,
    haha! I had started collecting German TR-uniforms in 1970. I had
    sold my Japanese swords to by the German stuff!

Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap

Now I am an old vet with 83 kilo!! Soon I will start shrinking......

Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap

Great photos Wilhem Saris. Thanks for sharing!

MAP
    ?

While they don't beat Wim's pictures. He is my youngest wearing a Japanese officers tunic and Luft Majors Summer tunic. He was 9 at the time (And before anyone notices...yes the wrong medal is on the Luft tunic...)

Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor CapLuftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Spooky enough, they just about Fit a 9 year old boy-the Both of them. lol
    Btw, Wim...somehow, the tinted glasses just don't work on the Luft tunic...but the Boots are cool as hell! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have to add one as well, this is myself about 1975 or so, back when I could get into a reasonable sized combat
    tunic from the WW2 era, some 40 years later, and I now only fit into my recliner chair comfortably

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe EM/NCO Flight Visor Cap  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast