Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)

Article about: Hi, hoping to pick this one up soon. I found the Unit here:- leichte Flak-Abteilung 84 The Unit markings seem to correspond, the Leichte Flak Abteilung 84 (motorized) was formed from II/ Fla

?

Default Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)

Hi, hoping to pick this one up soon.

I found the Unit here:-

leichte Flak-Abteilung 84

The Unit markings seem to correspond, the Leichte Flak Abteilung 84 (motorized) was formed from II/ Flak Regiment 14 in 1938, and you can see that earlier Unit crossed out as expected. Looks like the Unit had an eventful life, France, Russia, France again (Normandy), then the Ardennes attached to Kampfgruppe Peiper!

It seems to have had very little wear, just light wear/ sweat-stains at the front of the sweat-band, plus the initials.

I'm also quite intrigued by the fact that it was made in a town that no longer exists (as a German town that is), the town now being Wroclaw in Poland!

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)   Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)  

Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)   Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)
    P
    Many

?

Default 2

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)   Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)  

Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)   Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)  

Luftwaffe Flak EM visor (Gustav Binner, 1938)  

?

Here are some pictures of the street where the cap was made in 1938. The picture on the right is Ohlauer strasse (pictured in 1916) when it was in German Silesia.

The picture on the left (taken in 2013) is the the same street (to the right of that picture), although now the street has been renamed "ul. Oławska", now of course modern day Wroclaw in Poland.

When I found the modern picture I was pleasantly surprised to see that the character (of that part at least) of the town has been well preserved despite the considerable damage done to Breslau in the 1945 fighting.

Regards, Paul

looks a excellent cap.

?

Default Thanks

Thanks Harry! I've got Tarn Militaria in the Netherlands to thank for this one.

Best regards, Paul

That visor cap is a beauty! NH

Great looking cap with history, congratulations !

Bob