Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor

Article about: Here is a nice true Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr that was on Bruce's site. This one has only the civil insignia.

Default Re: Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor

Here is a nice true Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr that was on Bruce's site. This one has only the civil insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor   Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor

Bob H posted this recently. It is a regular Feuerwehr visor with Luftwaffe insignia. However, there is no trace of a police eagle/cockade. Just another example of the maker using what was at hand:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor   Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

My very first ebay buy turned out to be a fliegerhorstfeuerwehr visor cap. in fact, this was my very first schirmmutze. It was for sale as ' unknow cap' on ebay that mostly means it is post-war. The pictures were pretty unclear and I tought it was a feuerloschpolizei visor cap. Won it for 35 euro. When I got it in my hands I noticed some things were a bit unusual. It had traces of a national eagle, no polizei eagle... I did some research and that brought me here. At that point I never heard about 'fliegerhorstfeuerwehr'. I decided to restore and save this one since it is not the most common visor cap. It had no eagle and an officer's chincord was added. I bought an original luftwaffe nco sturmrieme and a reichspost style eagle (wich is a bit too large to be accurate i'm affraid) The inner part is pretty damaged but when displayed on a head, it looks good enough. My first schirmmutze however, a bit of an adventure to save this piece of history

Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor   Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

Nice score, and a rare hat in any condition. Most for sale are regular Feuerwehr (with velvet band) and added LW insignia.

You can use and combination of insignia--all LW; all civil; or a mix.

I like the civil wreath but it is a hard to find piece.. i've been looking for it quit a while now. Maybe I should just put the military one on it. Do you have any period pictures of the civil/luftwaffe combination in use? that would be great !

Here are some Fliegerhorst Feuerwehr photos:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...t=fliegerhorst

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2