Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor

Article about: Here is a nice true Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr that was on Bruce's site. This one has only the civil insignia.

Default Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor

This is a visor for a semi-obscure Luftwaffe organisation, the Air Field Fire Departments.
    Many of the hats you see on the web alleging to be Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr (FHFW) visors are just run-of-the-mill civilian feuerwehr visors with Luftwaffe insignia attached to them (which increases their price by 200%). (I will explain how to distinguish re-badged feuerwehr (fw) from Luftwaffe FHFW below).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor

Civilian feurwehr personnel would wear the thin-winged civilian wreath, with the swastika at the center. Luftwaffe Feuerschutzbeamte would wear the Luftwaffe wreath and eagle. This one is a hybrid, which is sometimes seen in period pics. (both eagle and wreath are original to the hat).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor   Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

Like the feuerwehr, carmine piping is utilized. Hat is of a dark blue Tuch, also the same as feuerwehr. However, the visor is not LW style, but has the common WH ridge:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor   Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

Here is the major difference between Luftwaffe FHFW and civilian fw--the band. Note that the Luftwaffe uses black wool, not velvet. Also note that the chinstrap buckles are the Luftwaffe oval style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr Visor  

Hat is made by Carl Halfar, who was a major visor supplier to the Luftwaffe. They almost over-pad their hats. This one is unissued:

Here is the uniform in wear. Note that he is wearing the civilian winged wreath, and the elongated collar tabs--specific to the LW FHFW. I have only seen one tunic from this organisation.

Reunited after 70 years--the Luftwaffe Doorman/Elevator Operator visor on the right is also a Halfar product:

I did manage to find pics of an example of the uniform this hat would have been worn with:

?

Hi Chris, wonderful visors in great shape! You will never run out of civilian or political visors to find. There must literally be hundreds of varieties out there to discover!

?

great photos, thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast