MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

Article about: The Dagger Guys taught me a new trick- Taking pictures without the flash in natural light. Pretty cool huh?

?

Panzersaurus-- I think you are right- I will put that on my list
    Thanks
    B

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student
    P
    Many

Do I see space available for an expansion of your already-advanced collection?!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here's a website purporting to have his sword for sale. Luftwaffe Officer's Sword , Military Collectibles, Inc. Not my area of expertise and um well over my budget

Regards,

Lance

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

?

Stony- making room for the Reichleiter visor- And Lance- Really nice sword-All it takes is money-Thanks for posting that- It's cool to see related militeria
    B

?

I am sure that some Generals simply moved pips instead of replacing boards outright. There are surviving examples where an officer (or general) have had a gull added to their collar tabs in lieu of buying a new set. So while generals certainly had the funds to buy new insignia and/or uniforms, they didn't always.

My two cents, at least.

J-

Years ago, I had a waffenrock belonging to a Major General who had previously been a Oberst of Pioneer. He retained his tunic with the black piping and changed the shoulder straps and breast eagle. General do what they feel like doing and are not held to a code of uniform.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hi Bob,

Very true. These senior ranking officers and generals got away with things that lower ranks wouldn't dream of. And while there are uniforms out there where the general was more frugal than some of his peers, I have uniforms that were upgraded with new insignia, and some that were brand new tailored for that specific promotion. There are groupings out there to one man who had everything under the sun tailored: leather and wool great coats, formal evening uniform, fliegerbluse, tunic, breeches, long trousers, cape, etc. Can you imagine how expensive all that was? They certainly had the pay grade to afford it.

J-

?

Default Upgraded Pics of the Student Visor

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

Hi Wiki, always a pleasure looking at this magnificent cap. Did you ever manage to recoup Kurt's uniform?
    Regards SK

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7