Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Luftwaffe M-43 cap Opinions please

Article about: Hi guys, your opinions please. Best regards, Sergey

I like the cap too Sergey, and with re-applied insignia as you have already stated. I was going to say the same over on the WAF but that forum appears to have died completely.

It is a shame that some will cast doubt on a real cap, and the sheep follow, and then the cap (or item) has a shadow over if because of silly responses.

Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M-43 cap Opinions please
    P
    Many

I agree it is a good example and will add that the cloth retainer strip is a key little detail that matches several examples I have seen including one in my collection. It is an often overlooked little detail and I am glad to see it included in the photos. NH

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    I like the cap too Sergey, and with re-applied insignia as you have already stated. I was going to say the same over on the WAF but that forum appears to have died completely.

It is a shame that some will cast doubt on a real cap, and the sheep follow, and then the cap (or item) has a shadow over if because of silly responses.

Bob
    Hi Bob
    Yes...the problem with forums. Too many "wanna be" non experts giving bad info...others follow. If you don't know the item...don't reply.
    D.

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post

Bob
    Hello Bob,

many thanks for you comment. Your opinion is very important to me. I completely agree with what you wrote. Always the opinion of competent collectors is very important.

Thank you very much again!

Best regards,
    Sergey

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hi Bob
    Yes...the problem with forums. Too many "wanna be" non experts giving bad info...others follow. If you don't know the item...don't reply.
    D.
    +1

Best regards,
    Sergey

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I agree it is a good example and will add that the cloth retainer strip is a key little detail that matches several examples I have seen including one in my collection. It is an often overlooked little detail and I am glad to see it included in the photos. NH
    Hello Neil,

many thank for you comment. Absolutely agree with you this is a very important detail. Also very important is the lining material. The one who held 100% originals (as much as possible) in his hands, will can always be different from forgery.

Best regards,
    Sergey

As already stated a perfectly original cap.

The wear is fine. Where the staining and threadbare lining is: this would have originally been covered in thick greasy dirt. The cap has been washed and this is how it looks today as a result.

Nothing wrong.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3