Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M43

Article about: A number of these Luftwaffe M43 caps have been posted recently. I purchased this example about 18 years ago. It is larger (size 60) than most of the other examples I have seen. The lining ma

Default Luftwaffe M43

A number of these Luftwaffe M43 caps have been posted recently. I purchased this example about 18 years ago. It is larger (size 60) than most of the other examples I have seen. The lining material is Rayon but apparently it was referred to as Viscose in Europe. I don't know what the cap is made of but it has a distinctive weave pattern. NH

Luftwaffe M43Luftwaffe M43Luftwaffe M43Luftwaffe M43Luftwaffe M43

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M43
    P
    Many

looks ok late war period.

Yes, thanks. It is hard to make out but the stamp is 44. Period photos showing these caps indicate they did not wear well. The visor part warps very easily. Apparently, a number of members of the site have an example of this cap. NH

Nice cap and one I would be happy to own. Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice cap, although the insignia may be replaced, I can't make out the stitching that holds the trap in place, is it machined on ?
    (hand stitched means replaced).

Cheers

Bob

Bob, Thanks for the feedback. My camera is not great so apologies for the images. As you look at the cap, the right side of the trapezoid has machine stitching and the left side has some dark blue hand stitching. Seems to be a repair. NH

BTW, the cap buttons are marked but I can't make out the lettering. Looks like A H or A N. Anyone have thoughts on the type of buttons? I cannot get close up shots. NH