Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe M43 Cap

Article about: Hi all, I recently picked up my first M43 and was very excited to receive it today, But when I pulled it out of the box it seemed very smashed. Is it normal for them to sit like this when th

?

Default Luftwaffe M43 Cap

Hi all,

I recently picked up my first M43 and was very excited to receive it today, But when I pulled it out of the box it seemed very smashed. Is it normal for them to sit like this when they aren't on a head form? I understand it is a field cap and meant to be worn roughly but it looks like Göring sat on it!

When I insert a sponge to simulate a head it looks ok.

Not sure if I should ask for a refund or if this is normal for these, since this is my first time holding one.

Thanks

Luftwaffe M43 CapLuftwaffe M43 Cap
    Luftwaffe M43 Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M43 Cap
    P
    Many

?

Yes, this is normal, there are no stiffeners in these, the idea with the sponge is good. You can (carefully) steam and iron it and it will look great. There is some advice on the forum how to display/store caps, have a look yourself, e. g. here:

Visor cap display solutions?

or here:

Reshaping a Visor

?

Thanks for clearing that up, ErWeSa.

Ill probably just leave it how it is, as I don't trust myself to mess with something like this. I bought a nice glass head for it to sit on but unfortunately it was too big. ill keep looking around or maybe build a stand to hold it up with the sponge in it.

+1 yep normal, mine's like a pan cake!

?

I've been looking around and I found this on amazon, Looks like it should do the trick. Its a cork filled canvas head. What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M43 Cap  

?

They work very well. Mine is smaller than the glass heads I have.
    Luftwaffe M43 Cap

Congrats on that excellent Lufty M43.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I can't say much more but for me glass heads are best and they do come in differing sizes, this pic left has my ex girlfriends stocking on it Don't tell the Wifey or I'm finished
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-22-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Hello,
    It looks to me that the trapazoid may be reapplied on the OP's Fliegereinheitsfeldmütze
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It looks to me that the trapazoid may be reapplied on the OP's Fliegereinheitsfeldmütze
    Thanks
    Hi, JPhilip. Thanks for the reply. The trapezoid is hand sewn, but I can't seem to find any evidence of a previous insignia. I can take some more close up pictures of the insignia later tonight if you would like.

Thanks

?

Here are some close ups. If the trapezoid was replaced, I feel like it would have had to be a long time ago. Its condition matches the cap perfectly. Maybe just resewn at some point?

Also the Canvas head came and it works great.

Click to view full size photos.

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M43 Cap   Luftwaffe M43 Cap  

Luftwaffe M43 Cap   Luftwaffe M43 Cap  

Luftwaffe M43 Cap   Luftwaffe M43 Cap  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast