Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe m43 cap original?

Article about: Hello, I purchase this Luftwaffe m43 cap a few years back and would like to make sure that it is original. I belive it to be a nice late war m43 cap. Please let me know your opinions. If mor

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Just looking at the makers name imprinted on the leather sweatband ... is it just me or does it say Juan (something i can't make out), Madrid?
    It says "QUALITATS MARKE." This is seen on officers M43 caps. I have a Heer officers and it is marked the same.

Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe m43 cap original?
    P
    Many

That is correct , it dose say qualitats marke.

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    It says "QUALITATS MARKE." This is seen on officers M43 caps. I have a Heer officers and it is marked the same.

Steve
    I need to get my eyes tested again
    "Per Ardua"

I would say IMO a late war M43 with an original replaced insignia, it s very common to find many M43 s with replaced insignia, unless the Price is very very good I would not consider adding this one to my collection. There are plenty of very nice M43 s out there all text book, regards, Juan

Thank you every one for your help

Quote by jamoros View Post
    I would say IMO a late war M43 with an original replaced insignia, it s very common to find many M43 s with replaced insignia, unless the Price is very very good I would not consider adding this one to my collection. There are plenty of very nice M43 s out there all text book, regards, Juan
    I agree with jamoros, it is a good original Luftwaffe Other Ranks/NCO's M43 cap, with post-war replaced period insignia...

Bob

Have you any caps with the leather sweatband that are other ranks, Bob?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Have you any caps with the leather sweatband that are other ranks, Bob?
    Yes mate, they existed, probably something extra provided for a senior NCO, and he would have had to pay for the additional
    work on the cap from the manufacturer.

Here is one from my collection, this one is ex Bill Shea, and is featured in the Wilkins headgear book, in the M43 cap
    section. All original period insignia, and the liner shows a fair bit of wear, but not played with post-war....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe m43 cap original?   Luftwaffe m43 cap original?  

Luftwaffe m43 cap original?   Luftwaffe m43 cap original?  

Luftwaffe m43 cap original?   Luftwaffe m43 cap original?  

Now that is interesting indeed! Thanks for showing it, Bob!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2