Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze

Article about: My one and only Luftwaffe officer's cap. It's an ERel Privat, which you can just make out under strong light, given the lack of ink, just an impression on the celluloid. It also has the late

?

Default Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze

My one and only Luftwaffe officer's cap. It's an ERel Privat, which you can just make out under strong light, given the lack of ink, just an impression on the celluloid. It also has the late war subdued piping.
    The cap has no mothing, but the sweatband is tattered and fragile; it seems as if the leather dried out. Shame, as it dosplays very well.
    How much does the sweatband condition affect value? Apologies for my lousy photos.

BobSLuftwaffe officer's SchirmmützeLuftwaffe officer's SchirmmützeLuftwaffe officer's SchirmmützeLuftwaffe officer's SchirmmützeLuftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze

That's a nice cap,as for the sweatband,i have seen worse.I would not say that the value was hugely affected as the rest of the cap is well above average condition. Leon.

Default re: Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze

That is a Late War eReL cap... can you post more details eagle please ?

Default Re: Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze

Hi Bob, I think the eagle might be worth taking a second look at.

Here is my example, shown on the forum some years back:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...-by-erel-1741/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Luftwaffe officer's SchirmmützeI am convinced the eagle is a good one, and it's been on the cap a very long time, Definitely not a replacement. This is the closest photo I have, I'm afraid.
    What concerns are there? Thanks.

BobS

The tips of the wings are very high, the width of the wings is too much and the backing cloth material looks also bad and lighter in the expected colour.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officer's Schirmmütze  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Well, I cannot agree about the eagle. It's been on the cap forever, as far as I can tell, and definitely does not look replaced.
    It seems to me that there is a lot of variation in these eagles, anyway.
    The badge backing is virtually the exact color of the cap itself.
    My photos are not the best, for which I apologize, but my belief is that the eagle is a good one, so, I respectfully disagree.

BobS

Well... first thanks BobS,

I am not Totaly sure about your eagle, that is a Breast eagle model for tunic, unusual on cap but possible in period of course...

It is an unusual eagle. Can we see a close-up of the stitching on the interior of the hat from the eagle?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    It is an unusual eagle. Can we see a close-up of the stitching on the interior of the hat from the eagle?
    I'll try to take some photos, but I'm reluctant to pull back the sweatband; it's very fragile & dried out. Obviously , only I have the cap "in hand", but the eagle does not appear to be a replacement to me, and seems to have been on the cap for a very long time.
    Perhaps it is a breast eagle, as earlier postulated. Given that it's a late war example, could that have been used by the folks at Erel?
    Thanks for everyone's comments.

BobS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast