Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Article about: Anyone know where the description "bullion" came from? Certainly not from the original German product lists.

Default Re: Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Google is wonderful; I have just listened to how I should have pronouced it I need more mouthwash too...

Here is another product of Erel circa 1943 that sits upstairs.

Cheers, Ade,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you, I do have an unfair advantage of course..

llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
    You are a better man than I.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Google is wonderful; I have just listened to how I should have pronouced it I need more mouthwash too...

Here is another product of Erel circa 1943 that sits upstairs.

Cheers, Ade,
    Ade's cap is made of Muetzentrikot, too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

?

Wonderful Ade! recent purchase? leather peak?

Hi Ben, no had this one about 12/15 years. £250 at the time, so that dates it. There are some more pics tucked away on the forum somewhere. Okt 1943 under the sweatband and a huge size 60.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat  

?

As mentioned recently, alu embroidery would have cost at least as much as the cap itself, and there's a hell of a lot of it on Luftwaffe Officers caps!
    I've often wondered about this. It's not as if most Luft Officers had the choice of the cheaper leichmetal option or at least, the option was rarely chosen. In comparrison, Heer Officers caps are less likely to have "bullion".

The color of this textile, with its vague purple mixed in, with the blue and grey always pleased me.
    The film of 1963 with Hannes Messemer in the Great Escape made me always want Luftwaffe regalia.
    I bought my first Luftwaffe officer's cap in 1970. It was from the Verkaufsabteilung d. Luftwaffe via a seedy coin shop on a run down high street near here. Long gone and much lamented in its absence.

In 1970 it was much harder to figure out where Puttkammerstrasse had been in a divided Berlin than in the year 2010....

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ben, no had this one about 12/15 years. £250 at the time, so that dates it. There are some more pics tucked away on the forum somewhere. Okt 1943 under the sweatband and a huge size 60.

Cheers, Ade.
    Lubstein piece with the thin paperboard visor, very attractive Ade!

Very nice

Quote by BenVK View Post
    As mentioned recently, alu embroidery would have cost at least as much as the cap itself, and there's a hell of a lot of it on Luftwaffe Officers caps!
    I've often wondered about this. It's not as if most Luft Officers had the choice of the cheaper leichmetal option or at least, the option was rarely chosen. In comparrison, Heer Officers caps are less likely to have "bullion".
    Bullion insignia are much more decorative. My associates in the Bundeswehr and Bundesheer (FRG and Austria) generally wear same on finer orders of dress, despite the expense. In the US forces, such embroidered insignia are far less frequently seen, which is a pity.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast