Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze made by Pekuro - your opinions ? :)

Article about: Hi, What do you think about this LW cap ? I'm concerned about the authenticity and I need your help. I know more about helmets... and I must admit it's hard for me to recognize fake caps. Th

Default Luftwaffe Schirmmütze made by Pekuro - your opinions ? :)

Hi,

What do you think about this LW cap ? I'm concerned about the authenticity and I need your help. I know more about helmets... and I must admit it's hard for me to recognize fake caps.
    Thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Schirmmütze made by Pekuro - your opinions ? :)
    P
    Many

Photos are not very good - out of focus. NH

?

Hi Gagarin,

no need for better photos, this is a post-war Berlin police officer's cap made by Alkero (which as a matter of fact also produced caps before 1945) equipped with (fake?) LW-insignia.

See here (post # 4): https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...58/#post835778

Is the grey liner a dead giveaway on this? Could not make out the color earlier on phone but see it now. NH

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Is the grey liner a dead giveaway on this? Could not make out the color earlier on phone but see it now. NH
    First thing that struck me was the centerband - not black, but blue, different weave, mostly too narrow. Second thing is the peak - edging too wide, two seams, third thing is the interior - colour, quality, material of the sweat diamond.

The overall look of these post war Alkero caps simply is different - the proportions are different. The crown is too high, the centerband too narrow. The "bowels" are different - there is no stuffing in these caps - they were reinforced by foam rubber glued to the side panels and this foam rubber disintegrates after some 20, 30 years which gives these caps of the 60ies/70ies this special look. I can't really nail it down but when I see one I recognize it immediately as a post war Alkero.

Fantastic response from ErWeSa!! This is the kind of knowledge and feedback that makes this group so valuable. From the small photos I first looked at, this example seemed odd. Now that I see it more clearly and combine it with the feedback it is quite clear. NH

Wolfgang is correct--it is a postwar Berlin Police Officer visor posing as LW.

Here is what they look like in their original state:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Schirmmütze made by Pekuro - your opinions ? :)  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks for your answers ! I'm learning, I'm learning..
    The good thing is that I didn't buy this fake cap. I waited for your expertise and I don't regret it.