Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification

Article about: Gentlemen Please Can You Tell me What This Is ? Fake ? Original ? The Red Pipe Only Runs Around The Top?? . Thankyou All In Advance

Default Luftwaffe Style Flak Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification

Gentlemen Please Can You Tell me What This Is ?
    Fake ? Original ? The Red Pipe Only Runs Around The Top?? .
    Thankyou All In Advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification   Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification  

Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification   Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification  

Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification   Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification  

Last edited by luftyluftylufty; 07-14-2017 at 07:47 AM. Reason: more images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Style Flack Visor Private Purchase Help Please With Identification
    P
    Many

More pictures of the hat around the top and some pictures at further distance if possible would be helpful.

Rockett

Proof that there is always something new to see in this hobby.
    I have never seen a Mayser TR visor (or even Weimar or BRD), but they did make hats during the era (most often seen on RAD hats).

The lining and sweatband almost appear to be transplanted from a civilian cap (fedora?).
    But if some postwar faker was trying to fake a common LW flak, how can you forget the red band piping?

Are there any empty holes in the pasteboard, and can you get some photos under the sweatband?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I just noticed you had already posted an under the hood shot, sorry.
    Yes, this hat has had some work done--a mix of parts made after the war.
    (I still don't get why they left the gray piping....)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Steve has extensive information about Mayser on his homepage:

Mayser Hutfabrik - German Hat Companies - Invision Power Board

Mayser made just hats, no visor-caps. Would be interesting to see how the lining is attached to the crown.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 07-23-2017 at 08:40 AM.