MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor cap

Article about: Hi folks, Posting this Hoffman cap for your enjoyment. I picked this up for \\$75 back in 1976. It is marked inside the liner too but I am reluctant to yank the sweatband out for photos. NH

Default LW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor cap

Hi folks, Posting this Hoffman cap for your enjoyment. I picked this up for $75 back in 1976. It is marked inside the liner too but I am reluctant to yank the sweatband out for photos. NHLW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor capLW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor capLW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: LW Flak Schirmuetze - LW visor cap

Very nice cap - good that you have kept it so long.
    $75 - things sure have changed.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

If you want to double your money I will pay you 150 for it, haha beautiful cap and moth free! well done!

Neil, nice piece. I wish I had hung on to the caps I bought (and found) in the seventies!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I very carefully pulled back the liner to check the markings. HOLY SHIT! It is stamped 1. Flak Rgt. 8 Fürth 4 Battr. And above, another stamp 1. Flak Rgt. 9. I looked it up but can anyone of our esteemed members comment on this? It is not from a Berlin unit as I described, rather the cap was made there. NH

?

Great cap buddie.

Unit marked was formed from the Legion Condor group. Regiment 8 was the nucleus for Regiment 9. 9 was wiped out at Stalingrad. NH

Actually, in 1975 $75 bucks for a visor hat of most any kind of German military was fairly pricey. I remember seeing hats everywhere then-usually at about 35-40 dollars! If we only knew then what we know today, hey?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree, in this time, I was every year in Stuttgart fair, also Dortmund and all was original. I met Mr Peterson in this time. All was original and cheap.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Actually, in 1975 $75 bucks for a visor hat of most any kind of German military was fairly pricey. I remember seeing hats everywhere then-usually at about 35-40 dollars! If we only knew then what we know today, hey?
    In 1975 in Australia the average weekly wage was $156 so $75 would have been 48% of your hard-earned dosh.
    In 2010 the average was $1,250. 48% of that is $600 ...... so the more things change, the more they stay the same! ( still a nice cap )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast