Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 tropical caps in French Magazine

Article about: 1941 dated 1st pattern, lighter weight twill, mg34 gunner.

Default Re: M40 tropical caps in French Magazine

and the cap itself.....non soutached, with the last type of sweatband, acceptance Frankfurt 1942. Maker still unknown (Rego....?).
    Hope you like it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 tropical caps in French Magazine   M40 tropical caps in French Magazine  

M40 tropical caps in French Magazine   M40 tropical caps in French Magazine  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 tropical caps in French Magazine
    P
    Many

I think that Mark will post more photos soon...so stay tuned folks....
    Thanks to all those who help us in order to achieve this work....thanks to Robert Noss and Bill Petz for their period pics. Thanks to Jos and Fred, the models...and thanks to Mark....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Looks very very good and I shall try and pick up a copy, though my French is not that good.

Thanks, Jerry

PS; I have seen this already on another forum, but worth praise again

?

It was a real pleasure working with Jean-Philippe on this project. I was honoured to even be asked to contribute in the first instance. I also hope that anyone who reads the article will pick out something of interest, and further the interest in the m40 in all it's (so far known) variances.
    Here are a few set-ups I created for the article modelled by a soldier from the local base, Josef Gattsche, who was pefect for the part. It was an excellent opportunity to photograph some of my uniforms on a live model, something I hadn't needed to do before. The compositions are generally poor as I'm not exactly Nigel Barker...
    I'm not going to plaster all 180 photos, so here's just a few.
    Thanks to a good friend here for supplying all the live firearms for the photo shoot...
    1st up a German manufactured tropical shirt...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 tropical caps in French Magazine   M40 tropical caps in French Magazine  

?

Next up a 2nd pattern tunic made by the firm 'Lorenz' of Frankfurt.
    The m42 helmet is in fact a single decal, with the camouflage over the eagle.

?

Detail...

?

1941 dated tropical greatcoat...

?

mg42 & mg34

?

Detail of 1940 green webbed Y straps and mg34

?

1940 dated 1st pattern tunic to a Panzer crewman, as is the cap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast