Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M43 Afrika Cap

Article about: Hello, I would like to get some more information on this cap i have acquired.

Default M43 Afrika Cap

Hello,
    I would like to get some more information on this cap i have acquired.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Afrika Cap
    P
    Many

You need to post more than just the one pic. There is no such thing as an Afrika m43 IMHO. All the m and number labels are collectors inventions, it is a tropenmutze, without soutache and with or without a liner band.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    You need to post more than just the one pic. There is no such thing as an Afrika m43 IMHO. All the m and number labels are collectors inventions, it is a tropenmutze, without soutache and with or without a liner band.
    Sorry about that i thought they all loaded lol. Heres more.

Probably a copy IMHO, it should not be maker marked by 1943, though stranger things happen but the grommets look wrong, they are too big and they should be enamelled brown. Can you post a close up of the interior of the grommets?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Afrika Cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Looking for some inside pix please....want to see ink stamp and grommets, thanks! Some had RB #'s, RF #'s, and a few are found with a maker mark or simply sz stamp. Mid to late period in my opinion--sweatband, no soutache, later style rosette, but as Jerry mentioned alot of curiosity about the grommets( with me too).

A bit bigger and sharper if possible. The washers look OK and some of the later examples have grommets that look to have the folds cut with tin snips like these.

An odd one IMHO, maker marked should not happen in 43, rbnr marking comes in in late 42, though not a killer on its own perhaps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Afrika Cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

BTW thanks for the feed back guys. Hat is in extremely good condition. Almost like it wasn't worn much at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast