Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?

Article about: Hi Ben, thanks for showing these, they are great. In my defence, I did say "usually" I have taken some pics of the fake Janke cap, but for the sake of clarity I will start a new th

Default is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?

Hi again any opinions on this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze please? I've requested photos of the inside but if one of you experts can tell without seeing them I'd be more than grateful! Many thanks Jay.
    Attached Images Attached Images is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?

Not without seeing the inside Jay

tough call,,,really need pics of the inside an Brandon has said,,

Janke fake. Note the air vent.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks again guys. Oh well another fake! I'm gunna give up on looking for 1 of these then I reckon! Is there any original ones left for sale anywhere Iwonder??!! Cheers for helping. Jay

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Janke fake. Note the air vent.
    I don't think so Ade. Good possibility that it's an original M42 cap with a peak added. That's what it looks like to me so far. More pics please.

Hi Ben, we will see.... But I am not convinced. Pics of the inside will tell the full story.

Usually an M43 will have the "T form" bevo insignia.

Hi Jay, these caps are hard to find!

I have a fake Janke given to me as a gift from a friend who bought it as original from a very well known British dealer. I will do a photo study of it for the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Usually an M43 will have the "T form" bevo insignia.
    Not always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?   is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  

Hello Gentlemen,
    There are odd details...but the M42 modified to M43 could be the answer here, even if both wools used for the cap itself and the bill look pretty much the same here, which is not so common for modified M42s.
    According to my own experience, i would say that the M42 with T shaped insignia shouldn't be the norm. IMO M42s with two separate insignia should be the norm.
    There are collectors and authors who think that the very first productions of M43s had airvents...and that they were discontinued after a few months.
    I have to say that i've already handled an example of regulation M43 that had airvents and was undoubtfully original. Airvents didn't show any sign of being a later addition. Don't forget privately purchased caps as well, the buyer could have asked to have additional airvents for his own comfort, i've seen one of these that had the M40 tropical cap configuration : 4 grommets, two on each side...wool, lining and construction were very close of a regulation cap, only the insignia and a few "sharp" details were different from an issued cap.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    i've seen one of these that had the M40 tropical cap configuration : 4 grommets, two on each side...
    I owned one like that, standard factory M43 but with grommets added by the soldier or company tailor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?   is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  

is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast