Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?

Article about: Hi Ben, thanks for showing these, they are great. In my defence, I did say "usually" I have taken some pics of the fake Janke cap, but for the sake of clarity I will start a new th

Default Re: is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?

Hi Ben, thanks for showing these, they are great. In my defence, I did say "usually"

I have taken some pics of the fake Janke cap, but for the sake of clarity I will start a new thread.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...e-janke-22759/

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?
    P
    Many

Thanks for all the comments, they've all been very helpful guys, nice 1 Jay.

Thanks to all for posting their m43's with vents. It's been very useful in determining that the one i own is an original as well.

And thank you Ade for your separate post which exhibits a fake with the details one must be aware of before purchasing.

Good thread, i have been waiting for one such as this.

rgds, Ty

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ben, thanks for showing these, they are great. In my defence, I did say "usually"
    No worries Ade!

It's a tricky area to study but its correct to view any M43 type cap with grommets with suspicion because of all the Janke type repros that have them.

However, there are period conversions of M42 caps and they will, 99.9% of the time have 2 grommets, one each side. As JPhilip rightly pointed out, the conversions will "usually" show evidence of the peak being made of a different wool or colour of wool as it was sewn on at a different time.

But it's not always the case! Here's another I used to own. The peak cloth matched the rest of the cap very well. Very difficult to tell it apart. Note the personalised highlighting of the eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  

I think this is turning into a good useful thread

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I think this is turning into a good useful thread
    Yes, thanks for the info, one and all.............. !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Period photos are extremely useful. Look at as many as you can.

Here we have a Panzer M42 conversion in period wear, you can just make out the edge of the grommet.

Also a Pz M42 in it's orginal configuration. T-eagles were more unusual than usual I would say.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?   is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  

?

A lot clearer in this photo. I'm sure this one would be thrown out these days by most collectors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this m43 Einheitsfeldmutze original?  

Quality photos Ben, thanks for sharing Jay

Quote by BenVK View Post
    T-eagles were more unusual than usual I would say.

Hello,
    so you agree with what i wrote in my previous post : the two insignia configuration for modified M42s should be the norm among collectors (who wrongly believe that T-shaped insignia was the most common configuration...)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2