Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...

Article about: The blacklight is a tool, nothing more. Don't get fooled into thinking it is a "magic wand" for divining original from fake. Basically, if something does glow it is worth looking a

Default Re: M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...

Here is a profile view of the cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...  
    Attached Images Attached Images M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...
    P
    Many

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Fake?? How can you tell it is fake? It has definately been worn (or at least looks like it). Fake was the LAST opinion on my mind.. If it is truely fake, then I still know where the guy is that I bought it from and I will definately 'visit' him and make him 'pay' for selling me a fake cap!!
    LET AS KNOW-WHERE ARE FROM CAP SELLER?? REALY FROM few times mentioned Latvija or other country.i have newer seen in my country so caledoor Latvian fake:cap like this. by reading this thread i already start to think that everybody in this forum has been fu....ed as minimum 1 time by supersmart Latvian fake maker.....!-that is BLOODY BULL SH..! There are no secret underground faktories etc.maybe from time to time somebody try,s to make something but NOT like YOU GUY,S think. So many fakes comes in Latvia from POLAND,BELGIA,GERMANY,ENGLAND,AMERICA etc.! Latvians ewen are not necessary to make something-just buy that crap from all ower these countrys:after unsucesfuly trying to make them looking old-TRY TO SELL THAT CRAP BACK TO THESE COUNTRY,S FOR BETHER PRICE.and don,t tell me that bloody sh..about bad Latvians and honest poor guy,s from allower the world.as many times i,ve been in eiropa in different country,s-i have seen local colector,s with BIG NAME with lovely smile on kindly face are making something to look older that that piece realy are in his backyards.and ofcourse not for hi,s self colection.sorry for this offtop. just can tell you-i,ve newer seen cap like your,s in Latvia.

I took a 16" black light and looked over the hat--NOTHING glows--no stitching, no emblems, no fabric...nothing. Is it possible to have a fake hat that has absolutely no glowing under a black light??

?

Don't be so sensitive Ostlanddigger.
    Latvia is well known for having dealers on ebay that sold truck loads of fakes to unsuspecting buyers. Most would assume that they were produced there. If not, that is where they have been sold from. No one is casting aspersions in your direction but Latvia has developed a well earned reputation as not being wise to buy things from. Very much like it is very unwise to buy Japanese swords from China.
    You seem like a good guy that is standing up for your nationality, that is a good thing, but unfortunately a few bad apples in your country have created an air of mistrust for WWII German items from there.
    I would think that the VAST MAJORITY of Latvian folks are good, honest, hard working, trustworthy folks. I know I have seen photos of really pretty Latvian ladies. Lucky you to live in a country of such lovely women. I imagine a handsome, well built fellow like you does very well there.
    Nobody here wants to make you feel bad or insulted. We speak from the collective experience of the members of our hobby.
    I imagine your parents raised a good man. Please bear with us, no one here is insulting you personally. We all want you to be a productive member of the forum and share our passion for the hobby.
    Steve

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    LET AS KNOW-WHERE ARE FROM CAP SELLER?? REALY FROM few times mentioned Latvija or other country.i have newer seen in my country so caledoor Latvian fake:cap like this. by reading this thread i already start to think that everybody in this forum has been fu....ed as minimum 1 time by supersmart Latvian fake maker.....!-that is BLOODY BULL SH..! There are no secret underground faktories etc.maybe from time to time somebody try,s to make something but NOT like YOU GUY,S think. So many fakes comes in Latvia from POLAND,BELGIA,GERMANY,ENGLAND,AMERICA etc.! Latvians ewen are not necessary to make something-just buy that crap from all ower these countrys:after unsucesfuly trying to make them looking old-TRY TO SELL THAT CRAP BACK TO THESE COUNTRY,S FOR BETHER PRICE.and don,t tell me that bloody sh..about bad Latvians and honest poor guy,s from allower the world.as many times i,ve been in eiropa in different country,s-i have seen local colector,s with BIG NAME with lovely smile on kindly face are making something to look older that that piece realy are in his backyards.and ofcourse not for hi,s self colection.sorry for this offtop. just can tell you-i,ve newer seen cap like your,s in Latvia.

?

As JPhilip mentioned before, the side hat is re-done Dutch side cap, due of all the Holland stocks with uniforms was re-done and has been reissued by 3-rd category supply in the war period by Wehrmacht. That hat I show here is exact undo of the hat shared above in the post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I took a 16" black light and looked over the hat--NOTHING glows--no stitching, no emblems, no fabric...nothing. Is it possible to have a fake hat that has absolutely no glowing under a black light??
    Hello,
    Yes it is possible...
    and the opposite also...genuine stuff that glows like a Christmas tree...it depends of who took care of the stuff since the war and how...
    I'm sorry that your cap is a fake, insignia are well known repros, that's impossible to forget this ugly wool when you saw it once...even the construction of the cap itself is bad and lack several features. Sorry again.
    6 years is a long time for returning the cap...but you should try to get your money back anyway....or something else that covers your money. Good luck !
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks Bosungus for posting the additional pic...
    and Thanks Dimas for posting a pic of a dutch sidecap before modification...
    Cool sidecap...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Don't be so sensitive Ostlanddigger.
    Latvia is well known for having dealers on ebay that sold truck loads of fakes to unsuspecting buyers. Most would assume that they were produced there. If not, that is where they have been sold from. No one is casting aspersions in your direction but Latvia has developed a well earned reputation as not being wise to buy things from. Very much like it is very unwise to buy Japanese swords from China.
    You seem like a good guy that is standing up for your nationality, that is a good thing, but unfortunately a few bad apples in your country have created an air of mistrust for WWII German items from there.
    I would think that the VAST MAJORITY of Latvian folks are good, honest, hard working, trustworthy folks. I know I have seen photos of really pretty Latvian ladies. Lucky you to live in a country of such lovely women. I imagine a handsome, well built fellow like you does very well there.
    Nobody here wants to make you feel bad or insulted. We speak from the collective experience of the members of our hobby.
    I imagine your parents raised a good man. Please bear with us, no one here is insulting you personally. We all want you to be a productive member of the forum and share our passion for the hobby.
    Steve

Hello Ostlanddigger,
    I agree with Steve's comment...
    No disrespect meant to you or other latvian collectors...
    Many fakes come also from France, especially from a very well know "team" from Paris...but i don't take for me bad comments about french fakers because i walk straight...
    No offense mate...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Yes, perfectly possible.

Ostland: Don't worry: more fakes come out of the UK than your country!

Cheers, Ade.

So basically the blacklight test is a joke! If it is not reliable. Hell, I have a Colonel Artillery tunic here too and I took a blacklight to it and the collar tabs, shoulder boards, stitching, etc did not glow, but I guess that does not mean it is original. I probably got screwed on that tunic too! I think I will just quit the hobby. I'm already out over $1000 on fake shit that is worthless....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast