Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M43 hat - some unusual aspects - From lot just bought

Article about: Hi guys. Here is the M43. Looks to be original to me but I would like any further info that you may have as this is my first piece of soft headgear. There appears to be some field/period rep

HAHAHA !!! Hey...no problem my friend. Thanks for the laugh. JPhilip deserves a "round of applause" for his help. Fantastic forum work by him. That's going the "extra mile", that's what it's all about

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 hat - some unusual aspects - From lot just bought
    P
    Many

...... Frau Blucher wants her frock buttons back!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images M43 hat - some unusual aspects - From lot just bought 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'm sure that I am the only collector who has ever tries to wear a piece of headgear in our collection - Wink Wink! Well I tried this M43 and it is incredibly small. The inside only measures about 6 inches or 16 cm which seems ridiculously small. Is this for a child? It does have a stamp on the inside, but its not legible.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 hat - some unusual aspects - From lot just bought   M43 hat - some unusual aspects - From lot just bought  

MAP
    ?

Not for a child. I have one that doesn't even fit my son's head! It's a size 52 or 53 I think
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sounds like I got about the same size. Have you seen a price difference in the odd size hats compared to "normal size". I could see people wanting one that fits them - alternatively I could see it not mattering because it's just displayed or a rarer size. Just thinking how some of the odd size steel helmets are more desirable.

MAP
    ?

Generally I think they are less desirable to some people. Personally I don't care eitherway.

Like a size 60 helmet versus more desirable 64/66/68's... although you can fit more 60/62's on a shelf
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2