Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marinebund visor cap

Article about: Got this from Germany today.. a nice minty Marinebund visor cap, unusual from what ive seen with the white cord, mostly seen with the NCO chinstrap...Beautiful Hat, well made with a deep Nav

Default Marinebund visor cap

Got this from Germany today.. a nice minty Marinebund visor cap, unusual from what ive seen with the white cord, mostly seen with the NCO chinstrap...Beautiful Hat, well made with a deep Navy Blue, almost Black
    Marinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor capMarinebund visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marinebund visor cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

very very nice!!!! Love the cord.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Love the 'sailors knot' on the cord. What great
    condition this hat is in......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

So minty, that at first look, I wondered if it was a newly made cap. Beautiful find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

In its new home
    Marinebund visor cap

Trying to research the name H Eck, theres a famous Uboat commander Named Heinz-Wilhelm Eck, who was executed after the war (second) for war crimes..he was born in 1916. Not sure if Eck is a popular German name...In the book, The Thanks of the Fatherland: German Veterans After the Second World War, it states that the Soldatenbund was founded for men who had served after 1921. Would it have been possible for Heinz-Wilhelm Eck who served with the Kriegsmarine from 1934 to be in the Soldatenbund/Marinebund formed in early 1936, or were existing Soldiers/Sailors not able to join this organization?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz-Wilhelm_Eck
    Last edited by wizardman; 10-23-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Well after some research i have found that young men were allowed and encouraged to join the Soldatenbund.. Looking good for a connection with Heinz-Wilhelm Eck! Papers Please - Collectible Documents & Militaria - NSDAP MEMBERSHIP & SOLDATENBUND ID BOOKS GROUPING (1933-38) "This is an interesting grouping, belonging to a young man who joined the NSDAP in 1933 at age 19 and the Veterans Soldatenbund at age 21 in 1936.
    His military service, recorded in his Soldatenbund, is from April 4, 1934 thru Dec 10, 1935.
    His dues stamps in same book run from late 1936-all of 1937."

For me this is a Soldatenbundmütze for a former infantry-member, due to the white piping.
    In 1938 the pipings should be dark-blue. And so for the Marinebund.
    The Marinebund eagle-symbol is positioned, but when this is golden also the wreath should
    be golden. I think this cap is a "mix"!

Here some brief descriptions:

Marinebund visor cap Soldatenbund

Marinebund visor cap Marinebund

Cracker of a hat, very impressive collection!!!

Gorgeous cap, but I agree with Wim--it is an Soldatenbund cap for an Infantry veteran.
    You need a silver eagle.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast