Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Miniature Cap insignia

Article about: Picked up this little fella yesterday shown with his full sized brother. Does anyone know just how big a range of insignia there was for the salesmans miniature headgear ? Did they do them f

?

Default Miniature Cap insignia

Picked up this little fella yesterday shown with his full sized brother.

Does anyone know just how big a range of insignia there was for the salesmans miniature headgear ? Did they do them for all branches civil/political/military, or just the high-volume stuff like Wehrmacht headgear ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Miniature Cap insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Miniature Cap insignia
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Miniature Cap insignia

I would say that it's a salesman sample. Very cool indeed!
    Any markings at all?

?

I like it I would like to see the minature cap aswell. If there is one out there.

Cheers, Pat

?

Minature uniforms for kids were very popular and made to the same high standards as the adult sizes, not like the Chinese toy chunk you get today for children.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Miniature Cap insignia  

HI

If you look on military antiques website they have a salesmans sample/childs cap for sale for an Imperial cap. I saw it at the war and peace show this year and had a close up inspection. It is fabulously made high end piece that led me to believe it was a salesman show piece.

I was tempted but price precluded a purchase sadly.

worth a look as a bit of history.

cheers

tony

?

Thank you, Kenneth showed me a photo of a child in a uniform yesturday funny enough. And we had a bit of fun

Miniature Cap insignia

Interesting though, the childs uniform.

Cheers, Pat

?

There are no markings on this wreath. Its a one piece stamping with the typical flat prong fittings.

Given its extremely small size, I'm pretty sure its from a salesmans miniature rather than a childs cap.

There is a rather nice salesmans miniature of the Luftwaffe visor cap shown here. I presume they would have had mini Luft insignia for the NCOs caps too. Seen plenty of childs size caps for Naval uniforms ( Bordmütze and Matronsenmütze at least, though I've never seen a childs KM visor cap)

German Luftwaffe Officer's Visor Cap, Salesman's Model

?

My new hobby is micro radio control helicopters and the precision of the miniature parts is quite remarkable, likewise, the details of that miniature Luft cap insignia is mind boggling. I'd hate to be the one trying to embroider it!

I always knew there was miniature US insignia, but I never heard of mini GERMAN insignia until I came here, aside from the buttonhole ribbons veterans wore during wartime. Not on the second pocket, the folded up one with a button on it. Not sure what they're called.

Sometimes miniature metal insignia was also meant for dolls. This one a very rare Kathe Kruse Imperial doll:
    Attached Images Attached Images Miniature Cap insignia  Miniature Cap insignia 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”