Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

Article about: Normally, I collect only Form 4 visors, but I made an exception in this case. It is very rare to find Form 3 visors in mint condition (much more so than Form 4s). This is the only one I have

Default Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

Normally, I collect only Form 4 visors, but I made an exception in this case. It is very rare to find Form 3 visors in mint condition (much more so than Form 4s). This is the only one I have seen that was boxed (and which kept it protected for the past 74 years), so it became a must-have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

This hat has the rare gold cords--most cords for Ortsgruppe (local level) are silver. Only 2 ranks got to wear the gold cords--the Ortsgruppenleiter himself (usually the mayor/burgermeister), or his second, the Stutzpunktleiter (Support Leader). As is common to Form 3's, the cords are bullion, not the commonly seen celleon of the Form 4's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor   Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor  

This eagle is what is known as the M-1936 political eagle. For all Form 3 visors, the eagles are always in silver, and not gold.

This eagle is a high-quality one. It is actually frosted, with polished highlights:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor  

This is the box it was stored in all these years. Unfortunately, it is not marked, and there is the outline of a label, but it is long gone:

I forgot to mention that there is one unusual feature to this hat. According to regs, Ortsgruppe was not to have a velvet band--the band was supposed to match the wool body of the hat. However, there is speculation that this feature was limited to the Ortsgruppenleiter only, or was a feature of party court (I do not believe the latter--they used dark blue piping).

Here is a comparison of the Form 4 vs the Form 3:

Interior. The sweatband is genuine leather (most Form 4's are ersatz). The liner is rayon (most Form 4s are chintz):

?

Exceptional visors.
    We most likely dont have to hold our breaths waiting for more boxed ones to appear.
    Not an everyday occourence.

Cool visor and thank you for the education!

Very nice piece and a wise purchase. Also evidence of the decline in quality of such things as the pre war rationalization of the textile trade operated, even though from 1936 or so, the RZM regulations allowed the use of synthetics or leather as a sweat band.

Older, that is, earlier SS caps are superior to later ones as regards quality, as well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast