Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

Article about: Normally, I collect only Form 4 visors, but I made an exception in this case. It is very rare to find Form 3 visors in mint condition (much more so than Form 4s). This is the only one I have

Default Re: Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

Hat is made by Clemens Wagner (RZM # 4). i cannot figure out the "J L" marks, which are in the same font as is typical for CW. (Maybe a benchmark?):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor   Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very nice piece and a wise purchase. Also evidence of the decline in quality of such things as the pre war rationalization of the textile trade operated, even though from 1936 or so, the RZM regulations allowed the use of synthetics or leather as a sweat band.

Older, that is, earlier SS caps are superior to later ones as regards quality, as well.
    F-B, I hemmed and hawed over this one, but ultimately succumbed (once I negotiated a price I could live with). As I get older, I am beginning to appreciate substance over "form"(!)

Stoney-
    Here is an example in similar condition with the silver chin cord. It is private purchase and also has the velvet band. There evidently was an order changing this at some point. Your cap is a fantastic addition to your collection.
    Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B, I hemmed and hawed over this one, but ultimately succumbed (once I negotiated a price I could live with). As I get older, I am beginning to appreciate substance over "form"(!)
    The owl of Minerva takes flight as dusk, as Hegel pointed out, did he not? That is, as we become more than mature, our taste evolves. I am very fond of NSDAP caps, in fact. You have made a fine purchase and thanks for your photo essay.

The "JL" might be a leather good firm, but I am not certain. One day, I need to study the RZM Handbook of mine for the leather goods people, in their thousands.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Stoney-
    Here is an example in similar condition with the silver chin cord. It is private purchase and also has the velvet band. There evidently was an order changing this at some point. Your cap is a fantastic addition to your collection.
    Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor
    Marvelous piece, as well, of note because it still has the trade mark, which was officially forbidden, but which one does find in caps of a certain date......

The Saris book speaks to the orders to add the velvet band, which was done not only in the NSDAP, but in the SS as well for those promoted. I own two such caps, both of which are in the Wilkins and Shea/Beaver books.

Bob, I have always admired that Viro, ever since I first saw it way back in 1981 in the old Shutt book....

?

Very nice Cap Stonemint, The box is very nice aswell and its nice to have them both. Well done and I like it very much

Cheers, Pat

I don't collect cloth visors, etc, but that is one gorgeous visor. Congrats on a great buy! Thanks for showing.

Wow....
    Great Visors !

Regards
    JT

Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorMint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter VisorAlso cap in box. Whether this cap from about 1938 has always been with this box, I cannot say, but why not?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast