Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

Article about: Normally, I collect only Form 4 visors, but I made an exception in this case. It is very rare to find Form 3 visors in mint condition (much more so than Form 4s). This is the only one I have

?

Default Re: Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor

Very nice cap with the box FB. I dont know why, but I am very fond of caps with thier boxes.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor
    P
    Many

I have an army Pz officer's cap and its box, too, actually. I should make a picture of it. The box is hardly special. I would not swear that said box is original to the cap, either, frankly, but it was sold to me as such.

Ephemera is called thus for a reason, of course.

Bob,
    A very interesting cap in post #13. The RZM tag, A/17, is for Carl Bangert of Koblenz so it is unusual to see a distributor flouting the RZM rules against private names in a party piece.
    Derek

Chris,

Amazing condition hat...I see why you strayed outside the box. I have a technical question for you? Is there another name for "chintz" and if not, how do I tell what it is. I want to hear it from another collector...not Wikipedia. Sorry if that is being a pain.

Richard

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Bob,
    A very interesting cap in post #13. The RZM tag, A/17, is for Carl Bangert of Koblenz so it is unusual to see a distributor flouting the RZM rules against private names in a party piece.
    Derek
    Hi Derek-
    Thanks for your comment. The piping on the cap is not the standard Ortsgruppen light blue. It is darker with a violet tinge to it. I have always wondered if this cap was worn by a parteigericht. I have another parteigericht cap that is substantially darker than this piece. It also has a distributor name in the top. This cap is a puzzlement to me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Bob,
    Derek
    Derek--
    As far as NSDAP visors are concerned, it seems common for the Form 2 visors; rare for the Form 3, and very rare for Form 4's. The only Form 4 makers that regularly put their logo in the sweatshields was Alfred Valet and Viro (Bangert). What is even rarer (or hyper-rare) are non-RZM marked pieces in Form 4--I have seen maybe 3, all Reichsleitung, and most probably special-order.

Funny how you don't see the makers flouting the regs as much when it came to black SS visors made after 1935!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by Richard P View Post
    Chris,

Amazing condition hat...I see why you strayed outside the box. I have a technical question for you? Is there another name for "chintz" and if not, how do I tell what it is. I want to hear it from another collector...not Wikipedia. Sorry if that is being a pain.

Richard
    Hi Richard--
    What I call chintz is simply a rust-brown colored cotton (not rayon) lining that has somewhat of a coarse weave. Most commonly found in WH contract caps. I will try and dig up a pic of an NSDAP visor with that kind of lining.

BTW, maybe we should start a thread on makers who flouted the RZM? Any party org that required an RZM tag will do. Should prove interesting.

Here is a Form 3 that also has the logo (but one I have never seen before). If anyone can identify it, let me know. (unfortunately, no pics of the RZM tag, if it has one):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor   Mint, Boxed Form 3 NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Visor  

Quote by stonemint View Post
    BTW, maybe we should start a thread on makers who flouted the RZM? Any party org that required an RZM tag will do. Should prove interesting.
    The cosmos of the RZM was filled with endless trespasses and remonstrations of the violators.

For instance, the Firm of Weber without the proper license made inferior cockades for the political leaders' cap, thus arousing the rage of the RZM fuss budgets, whose bolt of lightning is contained herein. Those Nazis sure had a lot of time to get angry.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-25-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast