Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

As regards my post # 29 in this thread, here is the report on a scholarly lecture on the vicissitudes of fashion in the old army, a highly interesting historical insight about the ins and outs and ups and downs of military uniform prior to 1914. The lecturer, an expert in Uniformkunde interpreted the tendency of officers, NCOs and others to ignore or fuss over regulations. One passage here I shall translate: "To be sure in the present there has been a reaction in all armies [to practical uniforms]: the monotony of field uniforms has awakened the wish for something more decorative."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

Here the letter head of a uniform retailer, which the editors of UM regarded as an excellent means of marketing.

Here from an edition of early 1942 UM, an image of a shop window in Berlin.

I believe there are both grey and black SS officers' caps here for sale in late 1941. Or I might be in error.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

From the same year, an advert indicating the pressures of wartime work or the effects of the air war.
    I am not sure I have heard of this firm, either.

The concentration of regalia, uniform, insignia, emblem, orders and decorations makers in Berlin was pretty staggering, and there is not much left of it all today, to be sure.

Postscriptum: you do not find this sort of material on the other website.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

Wonderful stuff. Thanks for posting it!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Wonderful stuff. Thanks for posting it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Dear Ade, thanks and happy new year. We have a standard to uphold here. The Uniformenmarkt CD is an absolute requirement for anyone who aspires to the rank of serious. It offers real information and knowledge versus this endless recycling of "gun show lore" (or militaria fair lore) and half baked conjecture that drives me insane. We could not share it without your website here. The other websites would react with resentful silence or a barrage of ever more vicious hectoring or comments from middle-aged-13 year olds about Hogan's Heroes haute couture.

Prosit, Neujahr!

Phenomenal, F-B! You are correct about the limited interest in the manufacture and retail of these items--there are maybe 10 of us who share your passion.

I have heard of Uniform Stubben, and have seen a hat with their label, but of course I cannot find it now.
    Also interesting to see the A-SS visor for sale in 1942, once again refuting common "myths".

The visor cap display the officer is looking at also appears to feature a nice Teno leader's visor.

Thanks again, and if you get ahold of that Meister Muetzenmacher, tell him we have a job for him!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks for the above. After 44 years of being interested in this peculiar aspect of human existence, I have built up some momentum.

Here another store front of dreams for those in search of vanished clothes of racial supermacy and Fichte's ideas gone bad.

a. A leading Uniform retailer in Kassel in Hessen, Vockrodt, with the shop at night time.

and

b.) the issue of SA uniforms to the Vienna SA on the Mariahilferstrasse in the RZM branch there.

I know exactly where the latter stood and even have a receipt for these uniforms, as luck would have it.

These scenes are from early 1938.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

The RZM branch outlet in Vienna was at 71 Mariahilferstrasse.

Today it looks like this more or less.

You won't find the RZM out there, though.

Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast