Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Very nice, thank you. An appealing set of images of a vanished world. This was the world of my parents and my grand parents, and it had a lot to recommend it, I can tell you.

Nobody got callouses on their posterior posting on daffy websites, that is certain. They smoked cigarettes, ate fatty food, and used high octane gasoline with abandon, so say nothing of owning considerably larger houses than I can, that is for sure.

The other pleasing aspect was that money actually bought something, which it surely does not do today.

Happy new year and happy head wear.

We can draw some happiness from the winning smiles of these young women making a Truppenfahne in Hamburg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

All nostaglia aside, especially in Berlin one can see plainly that ideology played a role in that plainly in the Weimar Republic in the textile sector politics surely mattered in relation to the market. Notice the little kicker in this advertisement, which says something about how this firm is wrongly depicted in the secondary literature as having not played footsie with the regime.

.....deppert......

Mr. Chris quotes Kurt Vonnegut about uniforms, and who designed them. Much is made of Dr. Diebitsch and the SS, but here is the man who apparently was the artistic director for regalia of the Reichsarbeitsdienst.

Had you heard of him before?

Had anyone mentioned this man on other sites?

Such knowledge as this opens new vistas to research.

I had not heard of a Egon Jantke, but someone here must have.

Jantke was of the circle of uniform illustrators of Paul Pietsch and the Familie Knoetel.

His work appears in the Hettler book.

By the beginning of 1944, the effects of the air war and war generally are visible in the Annoncen for positions in the cap branch.
    Notice mention of "Ausweichsbetrieb" as well as the willingness to train wounded veterans.

A further article from 1944 describes the adjustment of wounded veterans to the requirements of their craft and trade. Once more, this is the reality of our interest in the midst of war versus the somehow disembodied treatment of the regalia itself, divorced of context, as operates on other sites. Despite the propaganda grip of the regime on life in Germany, there was a surprising frankness alien to our own time about the reality of war in people's lives, despite all the Parolen von Durchhalten.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Chris quotes Kurt Vonnegut about uniforms, and who designed them. Much is made of Dr. Diebitsch and the SS, but here is the man who apparently was the artistic director for regalia of the Reichsarbeitsdienst.

Had you heard of him before?

Had anyone mentioned this man on other sites?

Such knowledge as this opens new vistas to research.

I had not heard of a Egon Jantke, but someone here must have.
    Amazing--that is the first pic of Jantke I have ever seen. Diebitsch and Paul Casberg (daggers) get all the glory, but Jantke is rarely mentioned, outside of being the author of these books (which are very expensive in their own right):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The Hettler book has been republished several times, but I never bought it, because I always thought it kind of basic, but I haven't seen a copy since my youth, and back then I wanted real, live pictures, not illustrations. I am going to see if I can track down a copy at the SOS.

Jantke was apparently the staff artistic director of just the RAD. I must confess that I did not read it in depth. I know I shall find much, much more for our little band.

I have merely skimmed the years 1935-1944 and extracted what you see here in my few posts. There is much, much more to be found, to be sure.

I am working on it.

The reprint of Hettler is from Patzwall Verlag in Hamburg.

It is a fine book and worth owning, to be sure.

The multi volume work on the pre-1914 uniforms is quite costly and well known too.

Uniformenmarkt also reported on the scholarly work of those devoted to the study of uniforms, to include the Uniformenmaler, i.e. the school of official art concerned with Uniformkunde as a sub species of Schlachtenmalerei as well as depiction of life at court.

Anton von Werner and Adolf Menzel were two extraordinary court artists and members of the Prussian Academy of Arts (revived on its original locale on the Pariser Platz with a nice cafe...)

Art and the regime is a whole theme in itself, which requires no introduction by me, surely,

Happy head wear.

Once again, we are going off on a tangent, but that is what makes this thread so interesting.

These are from the Moritz-Ruhl series, with illustrations by Paul Casberg, the premier dagger-designer of the Third Reich:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast