Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by stonemint View Post
    The magazine bills itself as "Deutschlands grosste Schneiderzeitung"!
    Deutschlands groesste Schneiderzeitung!

mit Umlaut.

Thanks again.

I wish I had bought those volumes when they were on said site.

One of the glamor dealers had a lot of tailoring periodicals for sale, but he want totally usurious prices for these and I simply refused to buy them from him.

This stuff also turns up in Germany with the specialized militaria book dealers, if you look.

There are also several copies of the reprint of the Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM for sale in ZVAB if you want....

I much recommend it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

This popped up on the "other" forum. Interesting the amount of advertising on one box, when it was going to spend its life in a closet somewhere.

As I noted elsewhere, these boxes are commonly found with imperial visors and top-hats. They are very rarely found from the TR period--it is also very rare to find a hat and box by the same maker.

I had never heard of this Mutzenmacher until today--sometimes I feel that I have only scratched the surface in my attempt to catalog all the known makers....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

In case anyone was ever curious about the street address of the Heeres Kleiderkasse:

F-B, my Sutterlin is non-existant, and this pic is the best I have--any idea as to the title?:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

F-B, my Sutterlin is non-existant, and this pic is the best I have--any idea as to the title?:
    Richtlinien ueber das Berufsuebliche im Heeresschneiderhandwerk.

Guidelines on the professional norms in the handicraft of army tailoring.

There was a major effort to transform civilian tailors into military tailors, as well as how to deal with the regulations, issues of procurement, simply military supply system and the like. But especially the more exacting technical demands of collars, piping, and the trick of getting pieces of clothing to fit in the appropriate, garrison manner.

Is that your book? Do you want to sell it?

I love books like that.

It is much better than a "scull."

As to the box, Pirna is in the saechsische Schweiz, which is down the Elbe from Dresden towards Bohemia, and a lovely place.
    It is a Saxon garrison town with a long tradition. If you find images of the saechsische Schweiz you will see what I mean. I like Saxony very much.

It is a nice box. I imagine that every garrison town had such a cap maker, and that these grew up in the face of the expansion of the Wehrmacht in the period 1935-1939 or so.

It is a nice thing to own. I do own hat boxes, but they do not have inscription on them.

This popped up on the "other" forum. Interesting the amount of advertising on one box, when it was going to spend its life in a closet somewhere.

As I noted elsewhere, these boxes are commonly found with imperial visors and top-hats. They are very rarely found from the TR period--it is also very rare to find a hat and box by the same maker.

I had never heard of this Mutzenmacher until today--sometimes I feel that I have only scratched the surface in my attempt to catalog all the known makers....
    The Wilkins book surely makes a start at a project that is likely much complex than many of our hobbyists believe possible.

It is not unreasonable to assume that if the town had a garrison, and tailors, that there also existed hat makers as well as the cap industry as cooperative i.e. Lago. Someone has to do the order of battle of these organizations, in addition merely to tallying up the "known makers." This is why all the data in UM is so significant. You cannot get there from here merely taking all the images from Shea's sight and assuming that this tranche somehow includes all of reality. It is a flawed historical method.

The place to start, really, is with the Handbuch d. RZM. That would be the baseline, and surely it is more than is in Wilkins.

I think in the UMs it mentions how many headwear makers were issued licenses.

The other place are these Nazi organizations in industry and the crafts in the DAF or NSBO or whatever, focused on the cap industry and craft, and there, too, in addition to the RZM would you find the data you seek.

The collector tope totally over focuses on Lubstein, which in UM is not an especially noteworthy presence. One gets the sense that they put more effort into Tschakos and Thale helmets as into the caps for the Heereskleiderkasse. The fact is that the German Army was the dominant service. The adverts of Kupper and Wagner are far more frequent in UM in the years 1935-1939 than are those of Lubstein. What does that mean?

I am a scold, Mr. Chris, for which I apologize, but you need a sabbatical in Germany, and to hire a research assistant in the Bundesarchiv to find what you want.

Clemens Wagner, a Nazi firm from the late 1920s, greets its customers at the start of 1938.

This firm Julius Otto Klinke aka "Jok" made textiles for tunics and caps. They make much of their RZM license.

a synopsis from the Frankfurter Zeitung (the best newspaper in Germany...) on the cap industry, with mention of the fact that the number of employees in some 236 cap factories had doubled in the years 1932-1934.

Are there 236 firms listed in the famous Schiffer book? It further notes that since SA and SS caps are only worn on service, i.e. part time service, they last a long time.

Did you know that?

Some of mine have lasted longer, I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

I am not especially a Lubstein fetishist, but this advert has some bearing on the rage for white hats.

Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast