Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Here is another Rechnung from a Muetzenfabrik. Interesting how they put their Factory on the invoice, instead of one of their products:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

I want to bump this amazing thread as it it being discussed in another section.

This reminds one just who was behind these caps, and puts it all in perspective.
    This hat is, imho, a pre-TR visor for a labor organisation (possibly Anhalt?) that ended up being used by the precurser to the RAD, the FAD (Freiwillige Arbeits Dienst).
    The maker was apparently of great renown, "Bamberger & Hertz", who were primarily tailors, but also made hats:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

As best as I can tell, Bamberger & Hertz had at least 2 retail stores--one in Stuttgart, the other in Leipzig. These are pre-TR posters for the store:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik 

Now the reality:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

Yes, the company was "non-aryan". One of the stores was destroyed on November 9th, 1938--the Night of the Broken Glass, ie, Kristallnacht.

Just like Lubstein making caps for the Soviets after the war, capmakers did not discriminate before the war (or the advent of the Nazi seizure of power).

This is a cap from the Kampfzeit for the Rotfront, and was made by Frey of Munich, who also made caps during the war (and are still in business to this day).

(Credit: Sergeant 08):
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik 

?

Fine input from Stone, great stuff.

Thanks for Mr. Chris Stonemint for underscoring our earlier point as to the racial hatred and economic conflict aspect of the issue at hand. The Bamberger & Hertz data is especially welcome illustration of the pretty awful diatribes in Uniformen Markt that put me in the mind of Julius Streicher and his types.

Where did you find this material, by the way?

It is of fine quality.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

F-B, found it through my usual strolls through the internet. I was going to buy the Bamberger cap, but it is undocumented for now (although the Bamberger connection almost made me overcome my reluctance.) The posters were originals, and were sold on an auction site specializing in such ephemera, and were not cheap.

The sign you posted drives the point home better than any words one can say....

Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast