Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

For those who read books still, this one is very interesting on many of the topics we have explored here. Mr. Chris needs to read this book in addition to the others I have mentioned. It is wonderfully written and full of nice pictures, some even of Germany.

I am still taken with the nice 1960s woman atop the Pratt and Whitney engine of the Boeing 707. A more innocent time than our own. She is not wearing an SS uniform, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

Here is the cover of the present day Kleiderkasse of the Bw, but it is not really called that any longer. It is outsourced and sleek.

They sell extremely well made trousers...

Our likes cannot buy there, though.

There is a very small number of military specialized tailors in Germany today.
    I do not know about the Austrian or Swiss equivalent, though. I need to look or maybe you know....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-01-2010 at 01:41 AM.

?

Personally, I kinda like the skirt.

Quote by mower View Post
    Personally, I kinda like the skirt.
    Bravo! I like who is wearing it, as well. The Bw has some very wholesome women.

Here are some Austrian soldier girls with a hopeful expression. Notice cap. They look wholesome because they get very good Austrian food and are working near the vineyard.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you, I was worried that the CD was not complete hence the price. Some other "vendors" are charging 290 euros for the same!

Just to prove that the crafts are still alive and well, this is a fabulous company not far from where I work. I have visited them on many occasions and it's always a joy.

Military badges-RAF[Airforce], Army, Navy badges from Hand & Lock.

Thanks for the wonderful link. It is marvelous. So much nicer than an Apple Ipad or such other junk of the present era.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Bw has some very wholesome women.

Here are some Austrian soldier girls with a hopeful expression. Notice cap. They look wholesome because they get very good Austrian food and are working near the vineyard.
    I find it very impressive how deeply you gentlemen enjoy the study of headgear, and to the depths and limits of which you extend your interests with such passion . . . very nice, and a very good study you have provided here. Thank you, and please continue. I am somewhat jealous that I do not carry the same level of passion to such a degree, but am thoroughly enjoying the fruits of your effort . . .

And in the spirit of comment from a similar angle, I must say that I find Austria is gorgeous all the way around . . . and I am very excited about an up-and-coming return visit. I am looking forward to experiencing more of this wholesome quisine - but more importantly . . . to some of the pleasures provided by a few of the many such vineyards for which these ladies toil so closely to . . .

Thank you, sir, and we wish you a happy journey along the Danube. Thank you for reading here and for your interventions for which we all profit greatly. schoene Reise und Servus, FB

Here are soldier girls Hoch zu Ross in Lower Austria. Unlike the Bw, the Austrians kept field grey (kinda) as their uniform color in the Bundesheer.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    PS Adrian needs to ask Wim Saris to post here, in fact. He is a real pillar of the Uniformkunde structure.
    I would very much welcome his contribution here. Sadly I do not know him, other than through his writings. If anyone does know him well, please extend him an invite. I will drop him a line however.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would very much welcome his contribution here. Sadly I do not know him, other than through his writings. If anyone does know him well, please extend him an invite. I will drop him a line however.

Cheers, Ade.
    Saris posts on the World War Militaria site to which you and I both contribute. Perhaps you can send a signal through said site, which does not get nearly as much traffic as this one. He is a gentleman and possessed of a nice willingness to share his knowledge via this medium. He did a bang up thread on Allgemeine SS cuff titles with paradigm shifting inclusion of original documents.

Hi FB, I extended him an invitation earlier today. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast